Page 507 of 696 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557607 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 507

Shop Now
    I'm a dude, it occurs to me all the time.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Quelsen- I just watched X-Men First Class and was tragically dissapointed by how skinny Beast was after he changed- even if he did start as a wicked lanky guy. Being big and beastly means that you make more women feel girl-sized- which we tend to like (because you really need one more thing in your favor. Right)
    The Beast was the worst part of that movie. I loved the rest, pretty much. The CGI/make-up deal they did was awful, I thought it was fine for the other X-Men films.

Gripes of the Day:
    -Terms like "fucktard" make my blood boil. Taking an already offensive term and making it worse? Rrrrrr
    -People who always have to say the last word (wow there's a LOT of them here, learn to let go, jeebus!)
    -The super dense minds (not in a good way in the least) of a couple departments at my work. I hate trying to communicate them. It's terrible when a subsect of IT doesn't READ THE WHOLE TICKET. All the information is there, I wrote it out super clearly so you would get it all, and you DON'T READ IT?! The point of a subject is not to tell you what I need, it's a brief summary!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    ... Had to have the left half of my left big toenail removed this morning. Ouch.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: the ten heart-pounding minutes I just spent believing I saved an old draft of a book over the new one by accident. All that work gone with a click . . . then I called Lady Friend in hysterics and she patiently walked me through Computer Basics to find the new version in Mail Documents. And there was my book.

I'm a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    ... Had to have the left half of my left big toenail removed this morning. Ouch.
    OW! OWOWOW!!! That sucks.

... the numbing crap they injected it with is now wearing off. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh god, thankfully you found it!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    ... the numbing crap they injected it with is now wearing off. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
    Were they at least able to do their magic so that you won't have to do this again? *sympathetic wince*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

My heart is still going like a jackhammer!

Lady Friend had great incentive to find the file; I'm almost to the romantic scene between the well-muscled hero and his lovely lady and she's peeved about waiting for me to write it.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Were they at least able to do their magic so that you won't have to do this again? *sympathetic wince*
    No... it is just a removal of the infected side. They won't attempt a permanent removal except on a currently healthy nail with no infection.
    My doc did do a drip of phenolic acid into the crease to try and scarify it to decrease the chance of it becoming ingrown as it grows back out though.

On top of that the antibiotic she put me on caused an increase in my intracranial pressure... so I've been feeling awful an needing to take the magic tylenol (read: oxycodone). Not that I really mind the magic tylenol, but the law of diminishing returns and all... they get less fun the more you take them. And I really prefer to take them as little as possible.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche