Page 505 of 696 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 505

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gotd : 2+ hours in the sun for double header soccer game...sunburned and i have a date.. ideas to kill the burn? I have used apple cider vinegar and store bought aloe..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Gotd : 2+ hours in the sun for double header soccer game...sunburned and i have a date.. ideas to kill the burn? I have used apple cider vinegar and store bought aloe..
    Ice wrapped in a cloth. Treat it just like a regular burn and try to cool off your skin as much as possible. Don't lay the ice right on it, though.

And an added hint from someone eho used to burn very easily - take your shower as early as possible so it doesn't hurt as much as it will later. Unless you take cold showers, then have at it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Rita.. i am icing down now.

Gotd part 2: he had to work late so date is postponed..grrr
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So the revenge of the dead turkeys continues...

I would have thought that 3 100lb sled dogs (2 Malamutes and 1 half artic wolf/white husky) could eat 4 young turkeys in one meal - 2 tops. Well it appears now that what they did was to bury their prizes so that they could pull out nasty carcasses all week long. After cleaning up this nastyness in the yard many times this week, one would think that they had exhausted the supply. Alas no, last night we were having Margaritas and Mexican food with friends when I heard my hubby shreak in the house. I rush in to find my alpha female with a turkey leg in her mouth - maybe she wanted to share. She did look quite disappointed when I took it away and threw it in the trash.

This morning - just like a bad hangover (luckily I did not have one) - piles and piles of poop all over the living room. Will the turkey's revenge ever end?!!!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I'm an agnostic theist
    ...who really believes that he is descended from a god.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I had to stop smashing the shed in the back because A) I broke my baseball bat and B) I popped a bloody blister on my right hand.
    Plus I think I might have been bugging the neighbours.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    ...who really believes that he is descended from a god.
    Actually I generally use that statement to show the limitations of historical records. IF the Norse gods exist and IF the Volsungs are descended from Odin then yes, I am part god. However while the records state that I am part god, I do not actually believe it myself.
    It would explain my pure awesomeness though.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Man, I really like about 85% of what Richard Nikoley posts, but whenever something about women comes up he manages to turn the gag-factor past 11

He was 50; she, an absolutely luscious 20
    blagh
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Man, I really like about 85% of what Richard Nikoley posts, but whenever something about women comes up he manages to turn the gag-factor past 11

blagh
    WTH... did he take up writing for Penthouse?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Just a reminder that not all health problems are the result of adult incorrect choices. There are such things as birth defects, and there is also crappy parenting that affects their children.
    Never said this was the case. My grandmother died at age 75 from lung cancer -- and she never smoked a cigarette in her life. She was healthy and remained very active (walking, swimming, etc) pretty much right up until the day she died.
    However, if you look at where capital flows most freely through the whole healthcare system, it is in the treatment of lifestyle-related conditions/ailments (many of which are exaggerated or fabricated by greedy doctors and Big Pharma).
    The point is that the cost of socialized medicine would be less extreme if it were being used primarily to treat rare, genetic conditions. Unfortunately, in the US, Type II diabetes is now a pretty mainstream condition.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/