Page 504 of 696 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 504

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    my dad has always been physically fit and ate well enough (no soda or sugary crap) and yet was diagnosed with Type II at the age of 40.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I have not one, but two chronic degenerative diseases that were dropped upon my head for NO reason.
    The first at about 25 years old. Up until then I was very active, very fit and healthy, and had eaten essentially Primal for the first 20 years of life (rural small farm living with growing/raising/hunting our own food and bartering with neighbors)... the early 20's Saturday night drinking and pizza had no effect as it's not that kind of disease. My brain simply malfunctioned. Completely random.
    This past year I developed a second rare, life altering, chronic illness. It was also dropped randomly on my head.

Evidently I roll dice really badly.

I haven't been able to work since 1998. Although up until this second disease I was seeking to return myself to employ-ability through further education on top of technological advances that have made control of my first disease better. There is a real stigma involved with being a "disabled" person... I am judged as "less" by many because of assumptions.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    My son was diagnosed at 7 with a rare mutation of a genetic disease which is kept in check by daily respiratory therapy, good nutrition, occasional hospitalizations and medications, one of which costs $1500 a month, our insurance will only pay 50%. In addition all his doctors and the hospital that specializes in his condition are not part of their "preferred providers" so they will only pay 50%. Thank goodness there is a program for kids in his situation that helps cover what the insurance doesn't cover.

I have no idea how he will get health insurance when he an adult. To look at him you would never know that he has any sort of health condition.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My aunt died of brain cancer at the age of 41. She was an athlete who went to university on a sports scholarship, lived an active life, ate really good food, never smoked, drank in moderation, and lived in a small mountain town with amazing air and water quality. Bad shit happens to good people. It's easy to blame people for their illnesses until you get hit with something scary yourself.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Also, the brain cancer that killed her and my mother was genetically linked (also with the cancer that killed my grandmother) and may or may not be heritable for my generation.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    A lot of times, it's really easy to see why people sick. Bu there are plenty of times when it's just so random. Sometimes I wonder if forums like this can make people think they are immune if they just eat right and exercise correctly.

It sure helps. But it's not magic. Anyone can get sick.

Anyone.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

I actually just had a cancer scare. Thankfully the biopsy results were good, so it looks like things are going to be okay. I didn't want to mention it around here until I knew the results.

Owly's Journal

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I actually just had a cancer scare. Thankfully the biopsy results were good, so it looks like things are going to be okay. I didn't want to mention it around here until I knew the results.
    So glad your results were good
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    how frightening! i'm glad it turned out ok.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Definitely good news.

GotD - It's Saturday, I have the day off and actually woke up an hour earlier than I do when I have to work. Hello 3am.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com