Page 502 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 502

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hate mirrors. The intrude on my very own reality with a more universal one. After my big one broke, I haven't replaced it.

Quelsen- I just watched X-Men First Class and was tragically dissapointed by how skinny Beast was after he changed- even if he did start as a wicked lanky guy. Being big and beastly means that you make more women feel girl-sized- which we tend to like (because you really need one more thing in your favor. Right)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    You know what? Fuck you. This is all completely academic to you. You're secure in all the benefits of living in a society with public services, while simultaneously condemning that society and those services, and completely unwilling to give up those comforts to take advantage of the "freedom" you espouse.

But you know what? It's not academic to me, or to thousands of other people. If it wasn't for government services like police, firefighters, welfare, food stamps, and the pittance of health coverage on offer - those people would burn, starve, or die in agony - and thousands still do. And you have the gall to tell me that you would save me by letting me, and everyone else with a catastrophic injury or illness and without the wherewithal to care for their families, rot in hell.

Congratulations, you successfully made me feel hurt and angry and worthless for being a fucking "slave of the state." You should feel so proud.

Now I remember why I stopped posting here before. Enjoy your soapbox.
    First of all: I am not agreeing with Grok. But universal healthcare will never work in America, it will just be an enormous money sink that will push the country more and more towards its inevitable financial self-destruction. You've got some rare disease. That sucks, and while neither I (nor many people here, probably) can truly sympathize with your situation, the difference is that the percentage of people who incur enormous medical bills from genetic conditions or diseases with unknown causes is a fraction of the percentage of people who are sucking off the government's tit because of some lifestyle-related condition (type II diabetes, heart disease, etc).
    I don't have a problem with the idea of the state funding treatment of people with ALS and the like. I do have a problem with the state buying metaformin for people who continue to shove their face with twinkies and cocoa puffs because they're (a) too attached to their food to sacrifice it for their own personal health or (b) too lazy to do some of their own actual research into health.
    Last edited by AmyMac703; 05-04-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: redundancy
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD....its friday and I want beer. But instead I have to pretend to work while there is actual work building up but my "fuckit" meter is off the charts today so no workie is getting done. I did do work until like ten...but now I just dont care

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I hate mirrors. The intrude on my very own reality with a more universal one. After my big one broke, I haven't replaced it.

Quelsen- I just watched X-Men First Class and was tragically disappointing by how skinny Beast was after he changed- even if he did start as a wicked lanky guy. Being big and beastly means that you make more women feel girl-sized- which we tend to like (because you really need one more thing in your favor. Right)
    my chick loves that i can allow her to ride piggybacked around the house.. she is an average american woman size for 5'8" ( and not the idealized size, the true average)
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Had virtually no work to do most of the week, now that I have 2 more days before I take an 8 day vacation, work is showing up.

Silly quelsen, if she's piggybacking you then you're doing it backwards.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Showing up half an hour early for an appointment does not endear you to me.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    great, now i want someone to take me on a piggyback ride

except i'm 5'8-10' and still have weight to lose

aka, eta; too tall and heavy nuuuuuuuuu
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyMac703 View Post
    [snip]...I don't have a problem with the idea of the state funding treatment of people with ALS and the like. I do have a problem with the state buying metaformin for people who continue to shove their face with twinkies and cocoa puffs because they're (a) too attached to their food to sacrifice it for their own personal health or (b) too lazy to do some of their own actual research into health.
    First i agree in principal.

however you may be missing the whole picture.

government is created to serve the interest of the people, what ever that population decides is currently relevant. America is not different and the population on a whole doesn't give a fuck what those in power do as evidenced by the lack of direct action taken in the past so it is now run by those who are pushing self interest over the welfare of the group. this is also to be expected as power corrupts and absolute power is fucking awesome and may i have more please. ( ps anyone who seeks office should be shot, anyone who holds office should suicide at the end of term.)

Having said that.

We live in a world where truth is hidden and lies are promulgated. where reality is twisted to suit those who tell the story and nothing is sacred and no stone has been left unturned.

it becomes easier and easier to forget that what you NOW know was the result of some extremely difficult research to cut thru the bullshit of static that has been pulled over the eyes of the masses. It is easy to forget, if you ever know that the propaganda machine that was perfected during world war II is in full swing and targeted on the non ruling class.

THEY DONT KNOW THEY ARE KILLING THEMSELVES. And those that do know are not about to tell. Few have the secret decoder ring and fewer still have the power to effect change writ large.

SO you may indeed be against the government paying for healthcare to fix people who are hurting themselves, but you are missing the point that the government created the situation where they may "tax" you for your own health and are doing so with full knowledge of the consequences.

in no society have the slaves ever been treated as the masters. do not delude yourself of your own status in the grand scheme of things. Thank whatever god you worship you are in a position to pay for your real food, and know what you know. Pity the rest, for they are lost and enslaved and it is no accident.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Silly quelsen, if she's piggybacking you then you're doing it backwards.
    uhm reread that LOL

she is on my back not me on hers

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506