Page 50 of 696 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 50

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Is there a "head slap" of the day thread, or will this do?

Yesterday a coworker told me how excited she is that her husband got an insulin pump, because now he can eat all sorts of desserts that he couldn't have before. She can't wait to take him to the county fair this year so she can buy him funnel cakes.
    More like "funeral" cakes. They both need a dope slap.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    +100 add to that the assholes who unleash their dogs where they're not supposed to and use those damn retractable leashes. Especially when they try to bring back a 60 lb dog by pushing a button.
    And of course the retractable leash is a nylon cord that's about 1/4 of an inch wide. There's a reason that nice leather leashes and chain collars are manufactured.
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sibylsybil View Post
    And of course the retractable leash is a nylon cord that's about 1/4 of an inch wide. There's a reason that nice leather leashes and chain collars are manufactured.
    I hate those freaking retractable leashes. I have a 70 pound pupper, who is still easily exciteable. We have a steel collar and a nice short leash that I grip up on (she walks next to me, heeling), and I'm working with her on staying focused on the walk, not other dogs, but it's a work in progress. I WAS going to the local lake to walk her, but because so many people use those non-leashes and let their dog stray right over to mine and get her all worked up, I stopped. Oh, after someone let their dog run up to mine and pupper pulled fast and I went down on the ground, scraping my knee, elbow and hand in the process. :-/ Now I do the city streets walk instead because I can always cross the street if I need to.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    We had a collie mix growing up. Even after they came out, the retract-a-leash wasn't an option. We had the Army/ Navy K-9 leashes (The thick, doubled over, bright yellow nylon ones that were 6' long, 2" wide, and 1/2" thick) that we used on him. Anything less we feared he'd snap if he decided he needed to RUN. He heeled or walked 2-3' in front of us 95% of the time and if he ever decided to take off, all it took was "BUTCH! HERE! NOW!!!" and he'd come running back.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Gripe Today:
    I HATE ironing, especially here. It took me an hour to iron 7 articles of clothing. It took me 15 minutes after that to unclog the iron from the hard water buildup. Ours is supposed to be one of the irons that is nearly impossible to get a hard water buildup clog on. I fucking hate ironing.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Today's gripe: Web sites of TV providers where it's almost impossible to find the channel line-up for my area. WTF, people, I want to give you my money, help me out here...
    Last edited by DianeThePurple; 03-31-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: I can't type

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Gripe Today:
    I fucking hate ironing.
    Amen sister!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    People who click "Reply to all" instead of just reply when answering an email.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Popped heel blisters. Not being able to put my heel on the floor sucks.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ironing? i haven't done that in YEARS.

my GOTD: A co-worker using the phrase "dry British humor" to excuse another (fossilized old git) co-worker's offensive sexist behavior & general dumbass remarks. If the guy was more useful than a piece of driftwood, I could overlook his 1970's attitude to women & his Captain Obvious style of conversation. However, he IS useless and until today, I had no idea that "dry British humor" meant "offensive stupid idiot with a pompous accent".