Page 496 of 696 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 496

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    GOT: Since Sudenveri won, I will post my Gripe of Tomorrow!

Why am I suddenly winning free prizes through text? Wal-mart gift cards, iPads, and sometimes these prizes arrive at two in the morning.

But that's okay. Sleep is for the weak-willed. NEVER SURRENDER.
    Sprinkles *fairy dust* on Panda.... or was that my *angel dust*... dammit, I'm always getting those two confused.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Sprinkle away! I need encouragement to vacuum. Yesterday I beat the kitchen back under control, but now the floor is crying out for attention.

* ignores floor to get through 1,000 words for the day *

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    GOTD: Nobody is showing compassion to me for the $6,000 in medical bills I have to pay.

WHERE IS MY COMPASSION???
    Finally, a legitmate gripe for the thread.

Sorry, my compassion has all been used up for today. Try again tomorrow?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Today my compassion is going to poor Peehead the Lamb, whose mother has peed on her so much now that not only is her head yellow, so is her wool halfway down her back. Only her back end is still white.

I want to give this lamb a BATH so badly. If she gets any dirtier, I'm going to have to rename her Ke$ha.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Finally, a legitmate gripe for the thread.

Sorry, my compassion has all been used up for today. Try again tomorrow?
    Sure, it's only going to take like six months for me to pay it off. I can gripe every day between now and then.

I can complain about how my bills are so high and how I hate people who want universal healthcare which would only serve to make things even more expensive.

But actually understanding that and trying to articulate it makes you uncompassionate in the eyes of others.

Grok: I'm against slavery.
    Statist: Why you uncompassionate person, you should just shut up. Take your speech somewhere else. Being against slavery is just hijacking this thread. Is that all you talk about is being against slavery? Why don't you get off your soapbox?

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    snip
    Grok, I am going to try to help you out buddy. Someone is dying. No, not just someone, a member of the MDA family. That is not about politics, who pays what, or how things should be done. It is about something that sucks hard (though obviously nothing like how hard it is for Sudenveri). Something you disagree with might ease her pain or make her better, guess what man, shut up. Disagree in your head. No amount of talking about it, no matter the number of points you bring up, no matter how right you might be (I am not going to agree or disagree with you at this point) it does not change the fact that someone is hurting. Do not make it worse man. Save it for another thread and another day.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    GotD: People that use straw men as if they actually lend credence to their position.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Showing compassion is understanding that violence is not the solution to our problems. Waiving your guns around is not going to solve the cost of healthcare.

You are like someone back in the 1850s trying to argue that there will be no food if we don't have slaves tending the crops. Only today just replace crops with healthcare.

Healthcare is not a right. In order for it to be a right, someone must become a slave in order to provide your healthcare.

Being in favor of slavery is not showing compassion, being against slavery is showing compassion.

Yes, hospitals, and insurance companies and drug companies are all trying to make a profit, but they are doing so through the use of force and violence. The hospitals work with the government for medicare/caid services which the government pays for through violence. The insurance companies work with government to get tax breaks for their products if you are employed, and work with government to create laws to reduce competition like buying insurance across state. The drug companies work with the FDA and have patents enforced by the government to prevent competition.

Basically everything wrong with the industry is a result of government, not a result of the free market.

If you follow the money you end up at The Federal Reserve every time. You don't end up at some corporation. Oh and by the way, a corporation is an entity which is created by the state and would not exist in a free market.
    Wow now I've got guns and I am a statist! Looks like I am officially a Fascist!
    Last edited by Urban Forager; 05-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No amount of talking about it, no matter the number of points you bring up, no matter how right you might be (I am not going to agree or disagree with you at this point) it does not change the fact that someone is hurting. Do not make it worse man. Save it for another thread and another day.
    w0rd

kenn is offline Senior Member
    This thread has gotten awesome
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds