Page 491 of 696 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 491

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kenn- did you just spam yourself? I'm pretty sure the fact that I have read that once is not a manifestation of my deja vu.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Oh yeah, I sometimes forget basic skinhead etiquette.
    Does it ever make you mad that your parents aren't wealthy? It does me, or at least made some better decisions. There's 2 lake lots my dad has told me about and was like "The guy told me one time he'd take $5,000 for that lot, but I thought that was a little high", Really dad? That lot's worth at least 50-60 large right now. Same way with a house on the river, dirt cheap, but he didn't want to go out on a limb.
    GOTD: No DeLorean time machine.
    way before my time, my grandfather owned quite a bit of stock in IBM. apparently, enough that he'd be a made man now if he was still alive (a lot can happen in 2 generations, but i'd like to believe there would be a little trickle-down). instead, he bought my grandmother a house. random factoid: he was one of the first members of the "mile-high club."

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    way before my time, my grandfather owned quite a bit of stock in IBM. apparently, enough that he'd be a made man now if he was still alive (a lot can happen in 2 generations, but i'd like to believe there would be a little trickle-down). instead, he bought my grandmother a house. random factoid: he was one of the first members of the "mile-high club."
    My great grandfather owned most of the town where I grew up, way on up in the hundreds of acres. What he didn't own, the great grandfather on the other side owned. What's left for me? 20 acres that will get split between my brother and me, but it is some righteous waterfront. The bad part is that it's the original "homeplace" land, so it will never be sold, therefore its value is moot.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    The bad part is that it's the original "homeplace" land, so it will never be sold, .
    ??
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    ??
    Hmm...that's not an uncommon term for this neck of the woods. A homeplace is the place where a family has a deep personal attachment to the property. For my family, it's 60 acres where my great-grandfather's house that he and his brothers were born in still sits, the land where he grew up, the best acreage that the family owned, etc. Although the 60 acres is divided up 3 ways now, the whole is still the homeplace for the family. That make any sense?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    To be fair, I am pretty sure he likes himself. Also, skinheads love their grandmas; it is your grandma they do not like.

GotD: why am I not independently wealthy? This working every day thing gets old.
    yesyes
    yesyes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Hmm...that's not an uncommon term for this neck of the woods. A homeplace is the place where a family has a deep personal attachment to the property. For my family, it's 60 acres where my great-grandfather's house that he and his brothers were born in still sits, the land where he grew up, the best acreage that the family owned, etc. Although the 60 acres is divided up 3 ways now, the whole is still the homeplace for the family. That make any sense?
    ahh, a homestead. we have one of those, by i'm a girl and it's owned by my maternal grandparents, so i'll never see ownership (i'm born of hillbillies). so i suppose it's nice that the intent is to keep it in the family, at least we can go up there and hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ahh, a homestead. we have one of those, by i'm a girl and it's owned by my maternal grandparents, so i'll never see ownership (i'm born of hillbillies). so i suppose it's nice that the intent is to keep it in the family, at least we can go up there and hangout.
    Yeah, I guess homestead is more easily translated to Yankee.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    gotd i didn't cry this time

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    why do I feel like I just read a Dolan comic?