Page 49 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 49

Primal Fuel
    The Proper Employee for the Proper Job

I'm a receptionist. I answer phones, sort mail, stuff envelopes, deal with people. Great. What I don't do: examine people's paperwork, sort it, and write down the date and time each of the hundreds of people I see every day is. One of the people I work with is responsible for the "what I don't do" category, and her boss comes to me demanding explanations and pissed as hell when she could have just asked her own employee.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    My 10th graders make me want to quit teaching. They are the meanest, rudest, shittiest bunch of kids I've taught in 15+ years.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's called garlic lover's pasta sauce. So why is the garlic listed AFTER the black pepper? I use this one because I only have to add half a head of garlic instead of a full head. I swear, people are weenies.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    GotD - being blamed because someone else is a f*ck up. So some dude fails his PT test at the Academy. This is my fault? He managed to do 19 pushups when I gave the test. 5 months later because the lazy f*ck hasn't pushed up anything but a beer can it is my fault he can only do 15?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Paleobird Guest
    People who can't be bothered to train and socialize their dogs properly and/or yak on the cell phone at the dog park and let their dogs do whatever including getting into fights. These two BIG dogs were getting into it and I got knocked over and got a sprained ankle as collateral damage. Then when I tell the owner to keep his beast under better control, he says that the dog "didn't mean any harm". That's not the point you numbskull! I have to live with I sore ankle. I'm not mad at the dog, I'm mad at the person.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    People who can't be bothered to train and socialize their dogs properly and/or yak on the cell phone at the dog park and let their dogs do whatever including getting into fights. These two BIG dogs were getting into it and I got knocked over and got a sprained ankle as collateral damage. Then when I tell the owner to keep his beast under better control, he says that the dog "didn't mean any harm". That's not the point you numbskull! I have to live with I sore ankle. I'm not mad at the dog, I'm mad at the person.
    Bleh. Did you tell him that you wont mean any harm when you send him your medical bill?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    +100 add to that the assholes who unleash their dogs where they're not supposed to and use those damn retractable leashes. Especially when they try to bring back a 60 lb dog by pushing a button.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Is there a "head slap" of the day thread, or will this do?

Yesterday a coworker told me how excited she is that her husband got an insulin pump, because now he can eat all sorts of desserts that he couldn't have before. She can't wait to take him to the county fair this year so she can buy him funnel cakes.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Is there a "head slap" of the day thread, or will this do?

Yesterday a coworker told me how excited she is that her husband got an insulin pump, because now he can eat all sorts of desserts that he couldn't have before. She can't wait to take him to the county fair this year so she can buy him funnel cakes.
    She's probably secretly trying to kill him off as fast as possible.

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    My son had a reaction to something last night at his grandparents house, either an asthma attack or somethng very similar to anaphylactic shock, and nobody bothered to let me know about it until 7 am this morning, nearly 12 hours after it happened.

I'm VERY much not impressed by both the fact that nobody bothered to CALL ME, and by the fact that I have no idea what caused it or how to keep it from happening again.

More than just a little bit concerned.