Page 48 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 48

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    More of a sad than a gripe.
    I finally found a brand that fits me perfectly. As in, don't even hafta try it on because it'll fit perfectly. Excellent, right? Wrong. I found it in a thrift store and came home to try and find them on the web. They went out of business back around Thanksgiving.
    That bites the big one. H&M is about the only store like this for me.
    Georgette

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    "Supersize vs Superskinny".

"Shock" tv hosted by a Dr who reeeeeeally winds me up for no particular reason, full of CW calorie/low fat rubbish....and yet of *course* the victims improve, they were either eating an entire branch of McDonalds each day or living on fags and energy drinks.
    Duh.

And yet..... I'm watching it.
    But I haven't stooped to watching the junior/kid version.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    People who tailgate. You can drive just as fast if you stay 400 feet behind me as you can if you are 4 feet behind me. PLUS you might be able to see around me well enough to pass so that you can be on your merry little way. PLUS what the heck is wrong with GOING THE SPEED LIMIT. You DON'T have to speed ALL the time!
    And tailgating me while I'm pulling a horse trailer REALLY isn't going to make me like you. And besides that I was still driving the speed limit everywhere the road was straight. Back off!

/rant

sanepsycho is offline Senior Member
    My MIL is 89 and has limited mobility and does not drive. I pretty much do all of her shopping/errands/chauffering to dr., dentist, beauty shop, etc./cleaning and so on. I basically run 2 households and have an extra child to take care of - although we are lucky that she is still able to live alone and take care of her basic needs.

It drives me crazy that she calls me and asks "What are you doing right now?" or "Are you busy right now?" or "Will you be coming by my house soon?" or "When are you going to the grocery store?".

All questions are indicative that she needs or wants something, of course. But it would sure be nice if she would say "If you aren't busy now I need (insert whatever it is she needs)" or "Will you be coming by the house soon because.......".

I have finally learned to simply answer her question with my own question: "Why? Is there something you need or that I can do for you?" (even though I was over there like an hour ago). Because invariably if I say I am not busy she's asking because a second cousin twice removed on her mother's side is visiting and she wants me to come eat meet her and visit. But if I say I am busy she will say "Never mind, don't worry about it" until I badger her into telling me that she is calling because she dropped a bowl of soup and there's broken glass and soup all over her floor that she is unable to clean.

Tiggadyrue is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That bites the big one. H&M is about the only store like this for me.
    It's Maurices for me.. their jeans are the only ones that fit me perfectly!

jandge is offline Senior Member
    OHOH, TIME TO CONTRIBUTE!

I'm taking a foundry (bronze making) class this semester. There's a Sculpture 2 class running along side it, both classes have about 8 people in each. My gripe is an older crazy lady in the sculpture class. She was freaking everyone out in the workyard, because she was trying to weld, and apparently didn't pay attention to the welding walk through.

I don't know the proper terms, because I'm not welding at all and completely forget, but I know she had the oxygen knob on the hand held welding unit all the way open and every time she went to light the damn thing there was a FFFFFFWWWWWUMMMMP! And then a huge blaze of fire. The professor finally had to step in when she decided it was right idea to start messing with the gas/oxygen tanks BEFORE turning off the flame.

She finally got to work and stopped scarying the shit out of everyone, but after she was done, she turned the flame off, but left the tanks on and WENT HOME. Without telling anyone. Without thinking to shut anything off. Absolutely ridiculous! If you're not going to pay attention in class, don't fucking use dangerous tools.

Anyway, her project turned out shitty and she brought chocolate cupcakes with frosting THE SIZE OF THE CUPCAKES on top. Topped with marshmellows for hair and milkduds eyes. And these weird sugar coated fake sliced fruit for the mouths. She even brought single serving size orange/vanilla wafers ( I thought they were cheese at first, but they weren't and I was sad) on the side for people that don't like chocolate . I got to watch everyone stuff their faces with sugar, while my stomach protested the toxic sugar smell that permeated the entire room.
    Last edited by jandge; 03-30-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Digby is offline Senior Member
    gotd: telephone sales calls! I've had three in a row this morning. I'm on every D0-NOT-CALL registry there is, but they still call. If you try to tell them to take you off their call lists, they hang up on you. I always have to go look since I worry it might be a family member calling. We are very close to getting rid of our land line.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    "Supersize vs Superskinny".

"Shock" tv hosted by a Dr who reeeeeeally winds me up for no particular reason, full of CW calorie/low fat rubbish....and yet of *course* the victims improve, they were either eating an entire branch of McDonalds each day or living on fags and energy drinks.
    Duh.

And yet..... I'm watching it.
    But I haven't stooped to watching the junior/kid version.
    Oh man, I barely watch any tv shows/movies, but I love watching that (terrible) show. The worst part is that lady who tries all the crazy diets/procedures to reduce cellulite and stuff. Another thing that bothers me is how they always say women should eat 2,000 calories a day, and then they show how much the participants eat and say things like 'that's like skipping 2 days of food!/she's eating 3x the calories she needs' based on the 2k calories model, without taking the actual calorie needs of the participants into consideration.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Gripe of the day: People who do not understand basic rules of the road:
    Pass on the appropriate side
    Don't use your fog lights when it's not foggy
    Don't cross the solid line, it's there for a reason
    Turn on your headlights if it's raining
    Use your damn turn signals occasionally
    If you're in the "fast lane" and there are a lot of cars behind you & no one in front of you, get out of the way!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GotD - switching to summer time. I *was* getting up before my alarm, with the sun, walking the dog, pottering around before work. Now the alarm is screaming at me and I have to rush to fit everything in. Gah.