Page 477 of 696 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 477

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    *wide-eyed* You DO! And here I thought you were awesome just because you live in a Magical Bamboo Forest! You LIED to us!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    It's very disconcerting to have someone inquire at a book-signing if my books are based upon real life WHEN I WRITE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY.

Yes, I live on the moon with an Amazon tribe and I wield magic powers.
    All that stands between you and that fantasy is a little more iodine.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    My dad used to race stock cars and taught me how to drive. I used to have a lot of fun as an 18-year-old girl when those dudes would pull up next to me at a stoplight and rev their engines. I only had a little hatchback, but it was a stick shift and I knew what I was doing, so I'd wait for them at the next red light laughing my ass off.

Even more fun is when they pull that crap when I'm on my motorcycle. Sure, it's an old 400cc Honda, but there are very few cars on the road that can take even a smaller bike like that off the line.
    I get a chuckle every time I get off the line before a Mustang or something. In my dinky little Saturn Ion. You're right- it's all about knowing how to work a standard
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    with a behind like that wtf are you all doing looking at her face?

GotD: priorities folks, priorities!
    I second that on the rumpalumpagus.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I thought she looked better without makeup...
    Just to clarify billp, I wouldn't kick her out of bed unless she wanted to do it on the floor...just saying she looked better with makeup.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I get a chuckle every time I get off the line before a Mustang or something. In my dinky little Saturn Ion. You're right- it's all about knowing how to work a standard
    Heh. Now I drive a VW diesel with the DSG transmission. I don't nearly match any of those cars for horsepower, but my Golf definitely makes up for a lot in torque. It's really funny to beat someone off the line in a station wagon.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Heh. Now I drive a VW diesel with the DSG transmission. I don't nearly match any of those cars for horsepower, but my Golf definitely makes up for a lot in torque. It's really funny to beat someone off the line in a station wagon.
    I lent my car to my brother for a week. The first thing he said when I got it back was "sorry about the tires." I'd forgotten that the wench chirps into first AND second if you're not careful. He was used to his BMW that didn't require nearly as much clutch slipping. Now if only she had some of that power once she gets up to speed. What do they call it- the top end- is, ah, weak.

What was that station wagon commercial? Young guy in a sports car: What do you have in that thing?! Older guy in the station wagon that beat him off the line: 2x4s, a surf board . . .

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    * swallowing more iodine now *

Last night over dinner I received a random critique of my work by a woman I barely know. Um, thanks? None of it was that bad, she just fixated on very minute details that annoyed her about the psychological aspects of living on the moon. I did not know what to say. I don't live on the moon. She doesn't live on the moon. It was fiction. * smile and nod *

* swallowing more iodine now *

Last night over dinner I received a random critique of my work by a woman I barely know. Um, thanks? None of it was that bad, she just fixated on very minute details that annoyed her about the psychological aspects of living on the moon. I did not know what to say. I don't live on the moon. She doesn't live on the moon. It was fiction. * smile and nod *
    Yeah, but she probably knows a guy who knows a guy that does, so she totally understands it.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's very disconcerting to have someone inquire at a book-signing if my books are based upon real life WHEN I WRITE SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY.

Yes, I live on the moon with an Amazon tribe and I wield magic powers.
    Ever heard of allegory?