Page 459 of 696 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 459

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    In anticipation of the %$&# layoffs that they've been holding over our heads since October, they pulled some people from my job that were higher up on the seniority list last month and gave them other jobs within the company. Air conditioning, no trained attack dogs running loose, no people threatening to shoot or kidnap them - all at the same pay.

Now they've pulled a few more from the BOTTOM of the seniority list, the ones they would otherwise lay off immediately, giving them other jobs until such time that they would be bumped by those with about a decade of seniority. Same work environment that the others got, with maybe a very small pay cut. Very small.

That leaves me and a few other people stuck working outside as the desert heat builds (forecast is close to 100F by the weekend and it's only April), dealing with the psycho pissed off dogs and the psycho pissed off customers and mass quantities of bum urine and excrement.

In other words, everyone else gets a better job except the few in the middle, who basically wait in a crappy, horrible environment until the day they lay us off or fire us so they don't have to pay severance.

Yea for me.

Oh, and no cancellations at the neurologist, so I still have to wait 2 months to see if I have any damage from all of the concussions. Nice.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    RitaRose,
    Call the Neuro office and see if they have a waiting list... they usually do. It means that you can be called at anytime for an appointment, but it often cuts the wait time down considerably.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    RitaRose,
    Call the Neuro office and see if they have a waiting list... they usually do. It means that you can be called at anytime for an appointment, but it often cuts the wait time down considerably.
    I wish! Unfortunately, they don't have one (I asked - the scheduling girls are really sweet) and my work won't let me bail at a moment's notice anyway. I'm trying to just call every day and see if anything opens up for the next day, then call in sick.

Just a frustrating day, espcially since one of my best friends got moved into one of the nicer jobs at work, and I doubt she'll have the empathy to not discuss it at length with me. I can already tell she wants to talk about it. And I'll have to try to sound happy for her.

Argh!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I wish! Unfortunately, they don't have one (I asked - the scheduling girls are really sweet) and my work won't let me bail at a moment's notice anyway. I'm trying to just call every day and see if anything opens up for the next day, then call in sick.

Just a frustrating day, espcially since one of my best friends got moved into one of the nicer jobs at work, and I doubt she'll have the empathy to not discuss it at length with me. I can already tell she wants to talk about it. And I'll have to try to sound happy for her.

Argh!
    I feel you... I'm still waiting to get into a new Neuro's office (switched to one who is familiar with my condition) another month from now... it was a 3.5 month wait.
    Fortunately this is a "foot in the door" appointment since I have already seen my Neuro-Opthamologist and am under treatment.
    Scheduling is often a nightmare.

MY GotD: Woodpecker + my Giant Bamboo... ALL freaking DAY. *tears hair out*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD: having no one to talk to about how crazy my life has just become, because the story to how I got there is so fucked up and convuluted, and no one would get it but me. I did the stupidest things in the name of love. Why did I have to be so irrational for five years? Love, it is teh pits. I feel like punching out a window and then running into traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    My GOTD: having no one to talk to about how crazy my life has just become, because the story to how I got there is so fucked up and convuluted, and no one would get it but me. I did the stupidest things in the name of love. Why did I have to be so irrational for five years? Love, it is teh pits. I feel like punching out a window and then running into traffic.
    Trust me... there ARE people that will get it. People here even! Yep, a whole clan of us. *Hugs*
    Don't punch out a window... that leads to stitches and scars. I have some. LOL
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    The dogs are barking.
    The chicken is screeching.
    The city Tree Trimmer Man is going at it two houses down.
    Construction is going on next door.

PUTTING IN EARPLUGS.

PANDA!

That woodpecker... on my giant bamboo...

Hey, I have a bamboo forest... if you don't mind sharing it with that noisy az mutha F*kn BIRD... you could use it as a hotel any old time!
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    that woodpecker... On my giant bamboo...
    aaaaaaahhh!!!! Noise everywhere!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GotD: So, over in "Nutrition" there are two threads back to back... "How to primal binge" and "Only 1000cals/day" (wording off/whatever)

Head/desk, head/desk, head/desk, head/desk. WTF?
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche