Page 409 of 696 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 409

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I prefer to think of myself not as a dead end but the apex.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Well your primary existence is to breed, if you don't you're a evolutionary dead end
    My botany instructor had a very good point. She doesn't have kids, but as long as she makes sure that her nieces and nephews procreate, she has been a biological success as far as passing on genes goes. Now if only my sibs would get on with their part in this . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    My botany instructor had a very good point. She doesn't have kids, but as long as she makes sure that her nieces and nephews procreate, she has been a biological success as far as passing on genes goes. Now if only my sibs would get on with their part in this . . .
    I've always wanted kids. So when I got married, I told my wife that we could I have kids or I could get a Porsche.

I have two boys... yay.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    I've always wanted kids. So when I got married, I told my wife that we could I have kids or I could get a Porsche.

I have two boys... yay.
    My gf says she wants 3 kids max, I said I was 2 boys despite the overall number...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    fair enough, it seems like too many don't even do that...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    How you doin!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    mum to 2 boys and a girl. i'm proud if them, but not because of their genders. that's a bit ridiculous. though i can understand wanting a particular gendered child in the hopes of shared experiences.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I get scolded for having no children.
    My college friend gets scolded because she has one child and no plans for more.
    If you have two of the same sex, then everyone wants to know if you're going to try for a third for a chance at the opposite sex. (One woman actually announced to me, "A woman is only a woman once she's had a SON." So she had a pack of daughters before that boy came along and made her a woman at last.)
    When we had our second daughter (she is now 25) my very nice Palestinian neighbor came over to congratulate me and to grieve with me. I just remember him patting me on the back and saying, "Don't worry, you will have a beautiful son some day". I was going like "What the efff dude, I am so done contributing to the gene pool". Given the trouble my wife had with getting pregnant and the risks we took having two gorgeous girls, there was no way we were going for another. I wanted to get clipped then, but our doctors told us to wait until the youngest was 2 just in case. Have never looked back or regretted that decision, ever.

Oh yeah, aren't all pandas gay? or was that koalas?
    Last edited by Meegeek; 04-02-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    GOTD; Actually weird observation of the day. Went to a "Easter Brunch" at the assisted living facility my father in law is at. He is 93 and this place is really very nice. They do these brunches at all the holidays to get the families of the residents together. A big buffet spread is put on. The prime rib was not grass fed but hey, still nice and as much as I could eat. Wife and I are sitting there with her dad people watching. I notice that the residents actually looked healthier then the children, grand children, great grand children visiting them. Lots of morbidly obese adults and kids, wolfing down all the buffet items then could pile on their plate. Was kind of surreal, looking at the 80 and 90 somethings and, besides age related issues, were in overall better physical appearance then their progeny.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    GotD: it's meatZZa with two ZZ's bitches. TWO!