Page 40 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 40

  1. #391
    geekgrrl's Avatar
    geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    427
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    GoTD: Caught Biscuit Guy staring at me over the cubicles in the office.
    Aw poor guy, like a moth to a flame..... srsly it'd be good if there was a real life "block" button.... how come it's so rarely Mr Awesomeness who notices one from across the room, usually Mr Socially Incoherent?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

  2. #392
    Dualhammers's Avatar
    Dualhammers is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    187
    My gripe: people like me go around griping about the people around them instead of trying to be a helpful and healing presence in our society.

  3. #393
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,783
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    Aw poor guy, like a moth to a flame..... srsly it'd be good if there was a real life "block" button.... how come it's so rarely Mr Awesomeness who notices one from across the room, usually Mr Socially Incoherent?
    I need one. Maybe a sign that says "GO AWAY". It is flattering that he was checking me out, just not flattering that it was him.
    Georgette

  4. #394
    Digby's Avatar
    Digby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualhammers View Post
    My gripe: people like me go around griping about the people around them instead of trying to be a helpful and healing presence in our society.
    A little healthy, controlled griping on a blog probably helps make us more likely to to be helpful and caring, imho.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

  5. #395
    Metismomma's Avatar
    Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    It's snowing. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    Dude. Seriously.
    Inorite? -_-
    Calm the f**k down.

  6. #396
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,641
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    My gripe today is that I`m done with winter!!! I want spring and there`s another snow storm coming in!!!
    ugh...apparently we have one coming too. we JUST prepared the veggie gardens and divided the tulips. i hope the storm won't interfere with my poor choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    GoTD: Caught Biscuit Guy staring at me over the cubicles in the office. AGAIN!!! Either he gets hot pokers in the eye sockets or I get to go scrub mine with a scouring pad.
    next time he does it, pick your nose.

  7. #397
    Lynna's Avatar
    Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newark, Delaware USA
    Posts
    1,714
    Doesn't anyone actually learn to drive anymore? - People making left turns from right lanes and vice-versa; people in compact cars making wide turns - come on, I didn't have to make wide turns when I drove a minivan; and multiple other things that absolutely make me hate driving anymore.

  8. #398
    Metismomma's Avatar
    Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    GoTD: Caught Biscuit Guy staring at me over the cubicles in the office. AGAIN!!! Either he gets hot pokers in the eye sockets or I get to go scrub mine with a scouring pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    next time he does it, pick your nose.
    Why do guys assume they're going to catch you doing something hot and sexy? They're more to catch you doing the above than anything else lol!
    Calm the f**k down.

  9. #399
    Metismomma's Avatar
    Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    990
    GoTD: Someone tell my kid to go back to her own damn bed. And that 5:30am is NOT time to get up for the day.
    (and its snowing again)
    Calm the f**k down.

  10. #400
    The Big L's Avatar
    The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Doesn't anyone actually learn to drive anymore? - People making left turns from right lanes and vice-versa; people in compact cars making wide turns - come on, I didn't have to make wide turns when I drove a minivan; and multiple other things that absolutely make me not like driving anymore.
    FTFY and highlighted my recurring GoTD (use of anymore in the positive ) -- win!

    Related GoTD #2: when strikethrough tags aren't enabled on vbulletin forums.

    GoTD #3: excessive acronym-to-word ratio...YKWIM?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •