Page 4 of 696 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 4

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
    I process the accounts receivable for my local birth center. Best denial ever, for the fees associated with childbirth: "No medical justification for this procedure". Trying telling THAT to a 9 month-pregnant mom!

We can clearly see that the insurance companies deny things at certain times, presumably to push payments into the next quarter. And they reimburse random amounts. I think they really do have monkeys at keyboards.

Oh and best check ever....for 1 cent!!!! That one has been pinned to the wall in the midwives' bathroom.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I process the accounts receivable for my local birth center. Best denial ever, for the fees associated with childbirth: "No medical justification for this procedure". Trying telling THAT to a 9 month-pregnant mom!
    I fought a "standby" fee of +$300 for 18 months when my twins were born. It seems since a pediatrician is required during a C-section, if it's not your pediatrician, a standly fee can be charged. Not for the first baby, but for the second. I still cant believe that man got $300 to wait 2 minutes until Baby B came into the world.

Digby is offline Senior Member

Root canal TWICE same tooth

Gripe of the year: So I had a root canal three years ago. Last summer the tooth started hurting, turns out by November, I had an abscess in that supposedly dead tooth. Had second painful root canal on that tooth. Insurance paid $200, and I'm expected to pay $1000. I'm girding my loins this morning to call the endodontist and give them what for. Also going on line and rating this guy and all the other ones, good or bad. Public be warned, is my new motto.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

My Gripe today: an Amazon seller who doesn't want to play nice about a defective product. I buy $$$$ on Amazon, and never had a problrm until dealing with this TipTop company. So beware, TipTop is NOT!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    My gripe...because I'm Canadian and an Albertan...is always about the weather. Always.
    Anything is is a half-assed at best.
    Calm the f**k down.

Metismomma: Your signature is appropos of watching Precious Puss (an all white neighbor's cat) stalking, then catching, then toying with her afternoon vole snack.

Paleobird Guest
    This thread is such a good idea.

OK. My gripe of the day is people who don't train their animals to be polite. I have a big gash on my left index finger because my friend's dog (a mini Boston terrier) tried to take my finger off along with the treat I was giving. My dog sits politely and waits to be given something, he doesn't snap for it.

I know it's not the dog's fault and I suppose it not even my friend's fault. She rescued this poor creature from being a kennel breeder dog who was just forced to have litter after litter of puppies and never got to outside or socialize. That kind of "puppy mill" breeding is repugnant. I guess that is my real gripe of the day.

My finger hurts and puppy factories are cruel.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    One of the scary things is that we're not even saving money. The US government already spends more per capita on health care than most other nations that have national health. That is aside from what we are paying as consumers and employers. It's a big giveaway to the insurance companies. They have all the younger people paying into the private system and when we reach our most expensive years, then we become the state's problem. Plus big pharma likes it since they don't have to deal with an 800 lb gorilla negotiating drugs pricing the way they do in other countries. We pay so much more for the same medications than our neighbors to the north and south. I know many people fear the government running health insurance, but I'd frankly rather have my life in their hands than a company with a profit motive and a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to provide me with as little care as they can possibly get away with.
    my fear is that i will be forced to pay other people's health care costs for a bloated and ineffective system. we basically live paycheck to paycheck, so this extra $300 or so per month will be effectively cutting my monthly grocery allotment in half. i'm already paying for a public school system WHICH I DON'T USE because it's inefficient and ineffective, why would i want to pay for a health care system THAT I DON'T USE which has the same problems? as it stands, i'm not required to pay for insurance (and we don't, the monthly premiums are more than we pay IN A YEAR on healthcare).

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    , i'm not required to pay for insurance
    You have 2 years before that one kicks in.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh good, the wee one will be old enough so that i can stick him in daycare in order to pay for someone else's health mistakes (and his daycare costs).

Page 4 of 696 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast