Page 390 of 696 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 390

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My first post on the thread (I think). Here is my wicked big gripe.

Getting pumped all week to go skiing for probably the last time of the season 'cause is sucked, no snow!. Check the ski report, sunny skies and warm, going to be a blue bird day. Load up the equipment and buddies and drive 3 hours only to be told all the lifts are on wind hold.........all day!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oil heat is confusing the shit out of me. I am 23, this is my second apartment, but the first one had utilities included. We had to pay our land lady (who in turn gave the money to the previous tenants) for the filled oil tank when we moved in. It was something like $700. I didn't think about it and we just used that oil over the winter, not signing up for anything, figuring it'd get filled next year. Now it's next year and I can't figure out how to get more oil. I can't afford to fill it up in one go. I could afford monthly payments, but I don't think they'd let me "fill" it that way. I don't think it's empty yet, but probably close. The company that my land lady wants us to use (she gets a discount for referral/repeat business), which filled it last time as far as I know, said it'd be $1000 to fill it, unless there's still oil in it, then it'd be less. Why the disparity? And I guess I need to be able to afford to re-fill it by August because their billing cycle is August - May. I don't think we'll be living here past Sept 2013, but that depends on employment situations, so I don't know if we'd just want to fill it and empty it over this winter, leaving the tank filling etc. for the next tenants to deal with.

I don't have time to call the damn office and babble at them for 1/2 hr at work, so I've been emailing, and they don't proofread well. I have issues with missing words and proper syntax, so I basically have no idea what they're trying to say (and it's really not smart to have a poorly written email in regards to your business/anything involving money).
    Are you required to use the company your landlady uses? Does the tank have to be filled? When I was short on money, I used to call the company and tell them I wanted a set amount and left a check in an envelope taped to the door. Some companies do budget plans where you pay a certain amount each month. That's the way ours does it. They pretty much figured out how much we used in a year and come about twice a year and deduct the amount from our budget that we've been paying into over the months.

You should make time to call them. This is probably something that's easier discussed than emailed.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Boneless chicken breasts -place between two layers of waxed paper or plastic wrap pound until an inch thick, cook about 3 minutes per side (no more than 4 minutes/side)-cook on grill or frying pan You can use various marinades with this, just do the pounding before marinading.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Are you required to use the company your landlady uses? Does the tank have to be filled? When I was short on money, I used to call the company and tell them I wanted a set amount and left a check in an envelope taped to the door. Some companies do budget plans where you pay a certain amount each month. That's the way ours does it. They pretty much figured out how much we used in a year and come about twice a year and deduct the amount from our budget that we've been paying into over the months.

You should make time to call them. This is probably something that's easier discussed than emailed.
    I have to look over the lease again, I don't think we have to use that company, she just asked us to. Turns out the last tenants did not anyway. We have to fill the tank because it's empty, and that's the only way to start getting service and use the budget plan for next winter. They won't fill it over an extended period (at least this place won't, and I can't imagine other places would either). This place said they could break the first fill payment into two payments, which is more reasonable, but I still can't do it now or probably not for a few months. Their budget plans run from August - May to cover the heating season, and you basically pay what they project you'll be using over the winter over those 10 months. And the trouble is we have no idea how much we'll use since we've never kept track before.

I definitely need to call them. I may have my boyfriend call around to the other companies and see if we can work something out for the first fill (maybe fill it partially? need to figure out how big the tank is). A lot of the companies appear to have various discounts for payments made w/in 10 days or first time customers so we might be able to save some money there. Basically it boils down to poor planning on my part. We could've been keeping the tank full all winter with regular payments if I'd signed us up when we moved in
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJenn View Post
    has anyone else noticed how many obese people are everywhere? Me being one of them but srsly?
    I see fat people everywhere. I can count on one hand the amount of "thin" people I see, all squished up among the throngs of fat people.

I can say "fat" because I used to be one of them, and now on my way to being thin/strong.

KatieCHI is offline Member
    Gripe of the day:
    Talking to my mom on the phone today, said I was having a hamburger patty with bacon for lunch.
    Her: Oh, they had ground beef for $2 a pound at WalMart this morning, so I bought five packs!
    Me: (Bites tongue about the $8/lb. grass-fed burger meat...) That's...nice. (WHAT IS IN THAT MEAT?!)

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Bought 2 sets of bed sheets on an online deal site that were advertised as 100% cotton. When they arrived, they were not 100% cotton sheets, but 100% polyester sheets. They are pretty, but I HATE THEM! They are hot, do not breathe, snag every itty skin irregularity or body hair, are strangely fake soft feeling and they come off the mattress constantly. They cost me significant amounts/quality of sleep in the three nights I left them on the bed. Returning them would probably cost more than buying them did.
    I might have to make curtains out of them.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    curtains you want and curtains you... shall.... have.

i want to sleep out in the sun, but i have no bodyguard to keep me safe from monsters
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: my fitbit is on the fritz
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Walking through campus and smelling the popcorn and baked goods from the cafeteria and student lounges during a fast. Why do they do this to me?
    Making adventure out of this thing called life