Page 39 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 39

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Annoying co-workers who can't work at their own desks because they don't like another co-worker who sits nearby (not even next to them) and come impose themselves into your area.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Folks who insist "intermittent fasting" can be a regularly scheduled event. That's called "regular fasting" not intermittent!

Just needed to voice the irritations of a linguistic literalist...
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's snowing. Again.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Digby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Rude people-period. I find on the 3-4 blogs I visit, that there are always a few jackasses who love playing devil's advocate (always with more devil than advocate), or are just idiots looking for attention (these dominate). There's nothing needs saying that cannot be said respectfully. An old saying captures it well: Civility costs nothing.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    It's snowing. Again.
    Dude. Seriously.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I'm not remotely close to religious. I've certainly never said or done anything related to religion at the office; I actually stay away from those conversations for a reason. As a resignation gift, they gave me a plaque with a heavily Christian bible verse (something like "G_D gives you joy") on it, and a flowery Christian card. I'm happy they gave me something, I certainly wasn't expecting it, and I appreciate the sentiment, but seriously? Something that overtly religious for someone who's never mentioned religion or had anything spiritual in her office?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Something that overtly religious for someone who's never mentioned religion or had anything spiritual in her office?
    What is the saying about giving someone not what they want but what they need? :P

(I'm kidding and have no idea. I'm just glad you escaped that hell.)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm not remotely close to religious. I've certainly never said or done anything related to religion at the office; I actually stay away from those conversations for a reason. As a resignation gift, they gave me a plaque with a heavily Christian bible verse (something like "G_D gives you joy") on it, and a flowery Christian card. I'm happy they gave me something, I certainly wasn't expecting it, and I appreciate the sentiment, but seriously? Something that overtly religious for someone who's never mentioned religion or had anything spiritual in her office?
    Send them a well thought out letter and at the end put "crack kills". Eh, at least you are outta there!
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    GoTD: Caught Biscuit Guy staring at me over the cubicles in the office. AGAIN!!! Either he gets hot pokers in the eye sockets or I get to go scrub mine with a scouring pad.
    Georgette

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has absolutely nothing to do with you. They gave YOU a gift for THEM. That's unfortunatley how many many MANY people think. You'll like this because *I* do... instead of, I thought of what you liked and got you *this*. And yes, thank goodness you're outta there...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid