Page 389 of 696 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 389

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    GOTD: no butter from my sweet tater at work.. ugh..yes I know they are good by themselves but... buttahh!

note to self: bring butter for tomorrow
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Have a surprise meeting with my boss and a man from HR tomorrow. 99.9% positive I'm getting fired.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Avoid dry chicken, pan sear the boneless breast in a pan on both sides, then put enough stock in the pan to cover the bottom, not too much. Cover, put in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the breast registers 160 on an instant read thermometer. No more dry chicken.

Eat it with a soft compound butter, like a dip. Yums.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Pics of what?
    your dating profile you get hits on with 3 women in the air and a lady at home
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    your dating profile you get hits on with 3 women in the air and a lady at home
    It's not up anymore, that was written in past tense.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    Avoid dry chicken, pan sear the boneless breast in a pan on both sides, then put enough stock in the pan to cover the bottom, not too much. Cover, put in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the breast registers 160 on an instant read thermometer. No more dry chicken.

I just wrap the breast in foil and bake it at 350 for like 25-30 minutes. Never dry.

MissJenn is offline Member
    I'm not quite sure this is a GotD but here goes:

Listening to the radio show this morning in good 'ol San Diego and one of the DJ's said he had recently lost 100lbs which I assume on a CW/SAD since he mentioned doing hours at the gym IN ONE DAY (good lord). Apparently he had "moobies" (man boobies for those of you that are not familiar) and a belly that he was very self conscious of so he got lipo done last Thursday.

Kudos to him for losing all the weight, unfortunately the hard way but I just wanted to scream through the radio and tell him to eat some bacon and all his fat would be lost. *Sigh* I wish everyone knew about this way of eating.

Similarly, since I started Primal eating, has anyone else noticed how many obese people are everywhere? Me being one of them but srsly?
    F/ 5'6"
    HW: 230 (ugh)
    SW: 204 2/27/12
    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    I just wrap the breast in foil and bake it at 350 for like 25-30 minutes. Never dry.
    If it works, it works.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Oil heat is confusing the shit out of me. I am 23, this is my second apartment, but the first one had utilities included. We had to pay our land lady (who in turn gave the money to the previous tenants) for the filled oil tank when we moved in. It was something like $700. I didn't think about it and we just used that oil over the winter, not signing up for anything, figuring it'd get filled next year. Now it's next year and I can't figure out how to get more oil. I can't afford to fill it up in one go. I could afford monthly payments, but I don't think they'd let me "fill" it that way. I don't think it's empty yet, but probably close. The company that my land lady wants us to use (she gets a discount for referral/repeat business), which filled it last time as far as I know, said it'd be $1000 to fill it, unless there's still oil in it, then it'd be less. Why the disparity? And I guess I need to be able to afford to re-fill it by August because their billing cycle is August - May. I don't think we'll be living here past Sept 2013, but that depends on employment situations, so I don't know if we'd just want to fill it and empty it over this winter, leaving the tank filling etc. for the next tenants to deal with.

I don't have time to call the damn office and babble at them for 1/2 hr at work, so I've been emailing, and they don't proofread well. I have issues with missing words and proper syntax, so I basically have no idea what they're trying to say (and it's really not smart to have a poorly written email in regards to your business/anything involving money).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    How did you cook the chicken?
    sauteed in butter. it was very moist, flaked almost like fish. just lacked flavor and fat, which wasn't really remedied by adding more butter. oh well, i have sour cream now. tomorrow i might mix sour cream and cajun seasoning for a chicken topping.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Pics of what?
    you and three girls. you're saying you don't have the pictures anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Too late for this time, but you could always pound it thin, put a big pat o' cold butter and some herbs in the middle, roll it up, secure with toothpicks and cook it in a skillet with more butter. Kind of like chicken Kiev.
    that sounds interesting. to be precise, this was chicken tenderloins, so might not work as well, but i've always wanted to try chicken kiev.

wasn't dry. i've done that before, though, with whole chicken breasts marinated in runny BBQ sauce. oh, but i didn't use stock; it was still quite moist.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Oil heat is confusing the shit out of me.
    you may just need to call the company and ask if you can fill the tank 1/4 or something. or maybe you could talk with the landlady to see if she'll fill the tank and you could pay her prorated by month. that makes much more sense than having tenants do it.