Page 38 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 38

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, someone's BO has never given me an allergy-induced asthma attack....people just ought to be sensible enough not to douse themselves in fragrances. Pretty bad when you need to leave a store because someone is wearing so much crap that you can't breathe....and it permeates each aisle. The other day I was in line at the pharmacy and a woman in front of me grabbed a cologne tester and not only doused herself...she sprayed me right in the face with the crap.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    No sleep! Not one lousy hour. I hate insomnia.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Used to be preferred over beer, dropped dramatically around 1840s, probably related to the massive influx of German immigrants (largest group in usa)

Additionally, soft drinks targeted the same market as cider growers

Prohibition killed 1400+ breweries & ruined all the recipes for beer in mainstream beers

Hard Cider's Mysterious Demise
    Hard cider seems to be making a comeback here. There are 2 ciderworks in Virginia - Albemarle Ciderworks Albemarle CiderWorks and Foggy Ridge Foggy Ridge Cider: Welcome - there may be others, but these are the only ones I'm familiar with. I have had the cider from Albemarle and it's good. Then we have Woodchuck Cider, which I like. According to cider history, John Adams used to drink a tankard at breakfast.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    How it works is #1 You must be a registered voter. They only pull from the registry of those that vote. #2 You get a letter in the mail explaining you were picked, when and where to show up and that you must call the night before the interview/trial starts. #3 At the courthouse you are in the courtroom and they ask general questions, depending on the type of case that is being tried. Basically if you seem to have any knowledge in any of the areas that are being tried, you are sent home. They want what basically an empty mind, someone who can be "non-biased." And yes, you can be called back but it would be for a different case and then the process starts all over again.
    Where I live they use drivers licenses for the jury pool. So if you're a driver, you can get called. Last time I misplaced my summons and had to call and I found out that my pool had already been unused. So then you're off for a year.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was supposed to receive something rather critical (a job offer) by FedEx on Saturday. Either the mailing party forgot to note it for Saturday delivery, or FedEx flubbed it. There's a drug test in there I need to take. That's kinda time sensitive...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Period. UTI.Gave into sugar cravings and had ice cream, a biiig bar of caramel and a cherry coke all in one night. NO motivation to exercise right now and, AND I have 2 to my name, whilst needing 240 to pay back my mum and spay/neuter a pair of rabbits. Why does everything happen at once?!

I wonder why I'm just dying for a bit of JD right now. Or a lot. A lot definately sounds better. -_-
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    My gripe to day is being in a perfectly good mood when I headed to the gym, starting my workout and my brain just goin' Blah. All of a sudden I just wasn't into it, almost felt like crying for no reason and basically had to slog through the workout even though I felt fine physically. I hate that. Proper application of caffeine, friends and internet is slowly fixing it.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    My gripe today is that my car came with an overly complicated connector which claims I can play songs from my iPod, but whenever I try, sound does not come out.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    My gripe today is that I`m done with winter!!! I want spring and there`s another snow storm coming in!!!
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyd View Post
    My gripe today is that I`m done with winter!!! I want spring and there`s another snow storm coming in!!!
    +100 (except we're not getting snow)