Page 33 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 33

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yeah, i showed up at the courthouse for duty, and then got asked about my educational background at intake. as soon as she wrote down "JD" she goes "i'm just gong to write dismissed now. go on about your day." lol

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Every time I've gone in, we have this exchange:
    "what do you do?"
    "I'm an engineer."
    "Have a nice day! Next!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    I get the fun "thank you, ma'am, have a nice day" when I tell them I'm a former LEO.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Why do people think that they can drive while talking on the cell phone better than everyone else does? EVERYONE drives horrible when talking on the cell phone, when playing with the radio, when playing on the Ipad, when trying to eat the Big Mac and 2 liter coke, when turning around in the car to stick the bottle back in little dudes mouth. I followed a police officer today, talking on the phone with it pinched between his shoulder and his ear, left hand on the wheel and right hand on the laptop computer on a mount to his right. Nice, really nice.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Paleobird Guest
    GoTD:
    In a crosswalk there are two parallel lines. Cars are supposed to stop behind the first one not aim for somewhere in the middle. This asswipe in a sporty red convertible damn near ran over my dog as he was doing a right turn on a red signal. It's still a RED signal. That means you have to STOP first, THEN turn right. I pounded on the hood of his car and told him off but he just looked like I was the one in HIS way.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm an alpha female mama wolf. Mess with me, I might just growl at you. Mess with my wolf cub and I will skin you alive and put you in my freaking crock pot for dinner!

jedikelly is offline Member
    GoTD:

When you know someone is going to be fired and you stay up all night worrying about them. Corporate world/Corporate America sucks a$$

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Fracking clouds! Today looks like it's the last nice day for awhile. I was going to leave work early to take advantage of it and the blasted clouds are just hovering over our area and expanding instead of moving on! It's sunny and freaking 72 in Philadelphia and 64 and cloudy in Newark Delaware....
    Last edited by Lynna; 03-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    If you're going to test the fire alarms you should probably warn a person. Fuckers.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The one day I need all 4 bosses in the office, none of them are.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    jurors aren't selected on their competence but rather their incompetence
    So that would explain why mom was picked...
    Georgette