Page 3 of 696 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 3

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
    Totally agree. i spent the better part of the morning filling out claims for "out of network" insurance bills and reimbursement form my flexible spending account. They make it difficult so you don't go after YOUR money. They are all scum bags. I hate them!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh ho! Don't EVEN get me started on the FSA, seaclam!!!!!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

seaclam is offline Senior Member
    My gripe - the worthless dumb asses who hosted the Oscars last night. Nice job Academy on trying to appeal to a "younger demographic". They were both a couple of empty suits and dresses. The Academy had their head up their corn holes....wait don't eat corn...bacon holes then!

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    ME EITHER!!! The new rule this year that you can't get reimbursement for over-the-counter medication is total B.S.!!!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaclam View Post
    My gripe - the worthless dumb asses who hosted the Oscars last night. Nice job Academy on trying to appeal to a "younger demographic". They were both a couple of empty suits and dresses. The Academy had their head up their corn holes....wait don't eat corn...bacon holes then!
    I thought Anne Hathaway did an alright job. James Franco left a lot to be desired however. Havent' been anyone good hosting it since Billy Crystal.
    Georgette

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    the more I do the longer my to do list gets.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I would rather go without insurance then deal with an HSA or FSA again.
    Georgette

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I'm having to run our household by myself while going to grad school, AND not freaking getting laid because the navy decided that my husband, who is on FREAKING SHORE DUTY, after just spending 1 year of the last two on deployments should be picked for an Independent Assignment and sent to the East Coast for 7 months .... EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A GUY WHO WAS QUALIFIED WHO WANTED TO GO AND HAD ASKED TO GO FIRST.

Yes I'm bitter about it... I'll get over it, eventually.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    TigerLily: You are too right. And in the wealthiest country in the world. It's a disgrace.
    One of the scary things is that we're not even saving money. The US government already spends more per capita on health care than most other nations that have national health. That is aside from what we are paying as consumers and employers. It's a big giveaway to the insurance companies. They have all the younger people paying into the private system and when we reach our most expensive years, then we become the state's problem. Plus big pharma likes it since they don't have to deal with an 800 lb gorilla negotiating drugs pricing the way they do in other countries. We pay so much more for the same medications than our neighbors to the north and south. I know many people fear the government running health insurance, but I'd frankly rather have my life in their hands than a company with a profit motive and a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to provide me with as little care as they can possibly get away with.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    If I'm only allowed one gripe per day then last Friday maxed me out for the next 7 years.

*wanders off making notes to return to this post in 2018*