Page 290 of 696 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 290

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    Oh, she has always been a complete bitch beforehand too - but it just doesn't feel right to react like that to someone that can't walk away or even change their situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    And this is exactly why I exploded and have this conflict going on. She deserved being called out. Everyone always puts up with her BS and I just couldn't take it. Soyes, half feeling bad and half FUCK YEAH.
    I should add that there were a few (yes, about three) explosions in the four years I lived with her. Funny enough.. know how people say things when they're angry that they regret? I remember choosing each and every word I threw at her and knowing I meant every one of them. One bunch was, "I wish I never would have moved in with you!" And then I went to a neighbour's to cool off. For five hours. Helped that she had alcohol.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Our office is very much feast or famine. Usually, we're in over our heads with the amout of work that needs to be done. Unfortunately, one of our big clients hasn't approved this year's budget yet, meaning a fair chunk of the office (myself included) are dead in the water. This type of downtime hurts me on my 6 month reviews because I'm not billable. I get tired of surfing MDA and the web after so long, especially since I don't DARE install Stumble on my work machine. I'll be glad when the budget goes through and I'll be able to make my billability.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kap View Post
    OK, dear, we got a late start because you went back into the house for some unexplained reason. You know the way to where we are going. You know how long it takes. You recognize all the landmarks when we are getting close. Why, oh why do you wait until the car is turned off and the rest of the family is standing in the parking lot to gather your things, brush your hair, button your coat, arrange your scarf, etc, etc, etc etc...? EVERY FRIGGING TIME!!!!!
    My husband is sort of like that. He's been diagnosed ADHD and has mild OCD (not diagnosed until adulthood -his brother jokingly called it the dawdle gene). I just have to make sure I get him moving about a half hour early.

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Having to be in a totally awkward meeting, seated between two d-bags exuding righteous condescension.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    GOTD: yeah, look babe, your ticking me off. Do not tell me one thing and do another. Friggin men!! Ya'll men population here are exempt I am sure. :/
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    GOTD: yeah, look babe, your ticking me off. Do not tell me one thing and do another. Friggin men!! Ya'll men population here are exempt I am sure. :/
    Exempt? We are all horrendously stupid.

Proud of it too .
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    GotD: Having to be in a totally awkward meeting, seated between two d-bags exuding righteous condescension.
    I thought you looked familiar!

Oh crap, I just looked at your sig and you DO live in the same state as me - good thing I didn't have any meetings today...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Dearest father, beloved dad, man from whom I derive the brown in my hazel eyes- We're not wasting the tix that I got Geek for Christmas for a performer we've wanted to see live for quite some time to drive out to BFE east Texas for a funeral. I don't really give a fuck that it's my great granny. I spent a cumulative total of maybe 10 hrs in my life with the woman, and that includes 3 when she had no clue who I was. Funerals are for the living, yes, I realize that. From all I've heard, though, she'd rather us laugh and have fun for a night for which I saved up, than spend easily 9 hrs in the car for a 15 min graveside ceremony and turn around for the other 9 hr trip. That pig don't fly, Dad. Neither will that guilt trip.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimelah View Post
    I should add that there were a few (yes, about three) explosions in the four years I lived with her. Funny enough.. know how people say things when they're angry that they regret? I remember choosing each and every word I threw at her and knowing I meant every one of them. One bunch was, "I wish I never would have moved in with you!" And then I went to a neighbour's to cool off. For five hours. Helped that she had alcohol.
    Thanks for your posts. It's a very very similar situation. And I'm trying to transition out of the household, because this isn't how I want to live. It's going slow, but going. But thanks again, it's nice hearing other people going/have gone through impossible crappy situations like this.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    PrimalCon New York
    This is a crappy GOTD. Early low flow conservation toilets. I have one that it is a rare day when it does not need plunged. How much water is it saving if I need to flush it an extra 5 to 10 times to get everything sent to the sewer? But it is a designer toilet put in by the lady who lived here before us.