Page 28 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 28

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Depends on who you ask. It's usually regarded as a subregion of the South, but not part of the Deep South.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i know this is a few pages back. but i literally had words with chicks who make fun of other people in class.

It wasn't zumba, and i wasn't teaching, but i was, of course, the teacher who was there for the teacher-in-training, who was freaking out and didn't know how to handle the situation. skinny bitch goes "god, she looks like a COW" to her mean little friend while they giggled away, and so i said (while in downward dog no less) "moo, bitches, cows are sacred in india. if you have a problem, how about you shut the fuck up or get the fuck out? all cows are welcome here! MOOOOOO!"

and then my students and fellow teachers-in-training in the class all started going "MOOO MOOO!" and then the gal they were picking on said "MOOOOO!" too, and then those bitches high-tailed the the heck outta MY classroom. As soon as the door slammed, everyone cracked up, and we got back to business. Instead of Om, that day, the teacher-in-training said "let us finish with the most sacred sound: MOO!"

it was great.

that student went on to loose 200 lbs, currently teaches yoga herself, and btw, kicks major ass. She also got a tattoo of a cow (dressed up india-style) on her body in celebration. when she got it, she said to me "i have to show you! look!" and there it was, a glorious cow tattoo. She said "it was the first yoga class ever, and when that happened, i could have cried. i wanted to do yoga SO bad, but was SO scared, and my worst nightmare came true! I was always fat, always bad at anything physical. And here people looked great and were making fun of me! but then you just told them to shut the fuck up and started mooing! that day, the cow became my symbol, and moo was my mantra. even though i was fat and awkward, i was still sacred, and it didn't matter. i was still welcome into the very heart of yoga! it changed everything!"

Sometimes, standing up can change lives.

====

aside from that, i have to gripe about people being alarmist of facebook. drives me nuts.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i know this is a few pages back. but i literally had words with chicks who make fun of other people in class.
    Well Done Zoe!

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Wow! That is an Awesome story!! And you are awesome for doing that. I LOVE, love, love to see women supporting other women.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thank you on behalf of all people stepping out of their comfort zone.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    @zoebired----GREAT story to read this morning. Don't know why I'm such a sap about stories like that but it brought tears to my eyes! (being serious here) I think it's the underdog thing.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    GoTD: People who make fun of fat people. I'm about ready to b*tch slap some girls at the gym for pointing and laughing at an obese girl in my Zumba class. Doubt it would help the situation, but it would feel good!
    Reminds me of the tag from someone, I adapt: The fat girl can get thin; but the rude idiots will be stupid for life.

GOTD: Fat people are treated far more unfairly than grasping, greedy SOBs who truly deserve it.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    GOTD: Fat people are treated far more unfairly than grasping, greedy SOBs who truly deserve it.
    Canadians?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Canadians?
    Don't get started on Canada, they are on my shit list. Long story.

Zoebird, you rock! On behalf of all the fat chicks in the world(I will be the spokesperson)we thank you.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I ordered a Greek salad for lunch (it was delivery - everyone else got sandwiches we do this once a month for birthdays). It was supposed to have Kalamata olives on it and it didn't; it had those crappy tasteless black olives instead...pout.....I <3 Kalamata olives.....pout.....