Page 27 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 27

  1. #261
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,846
    Shop Now
    Er... I can offer you my rear bosom. I'll warn you that I've eaten lots of broccoli and brussel sprouts lately, though:
    GOTD: Stupid people that insist on trapping you with a conversation in the grocery store even though you keep saying "well, I should let you get back to shopping."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  2. #262
    MountainDew's Avatar
    MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    emotionally scarred? i thought you were a guy?
    I have 5 aunts get off my back!
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

  3. #263
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I have 5 aunts get off my back!
    methinks the issue with women lies not with them but you?

  4. #264
    MountainDew's Avatar
    MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    methinks the issue with women lies not with them but you?
    Well, I wasn't breast-fed. So you might be onto something...
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

  5. #265
    MountainDew's Avatar
    MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    GOTD: Stupid people that insist on trapping you with a conversation in the grocery store even though you keep saying "well, I should let you get back to shopping."
    I love when I'm at the check-out line and they're staring at my cart. I know what they're thinking. "All that meat??"
    PB Stats:
    Started 5/10/10
    Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
    Goal Weight: 160

  6. #266
    thepaleochild's Avatar
    thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I love when I'm at the check-out line and they're staring at my cart. I know what they're thinking. "All that meat??"
    Yeah... being a chick people look at you even crazier. Especially because there's about 4 dozen eggs in there, too and a bottle of wine but not much else.

  7. #267
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,846
    I got some BIZARRE looks today: a tub of beef liver, a head of cauliflower, a huge shallot, broccoli, and a 4pk of Guinness. It was like the average American's worst nightmare, all in one shopping trip.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  8. #268
    thepaleochild's Avatar
    thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I got some BIZARRE looks today: a tub of beef liver, a head of cauliflower, a huge shallot, broccoli, and a 4pk of Guinness. It was like the average American's worst nightmare, all in one shopping trip.
    Is Guinness an American nightmare?

    I'm in the south so all the "weird" pieces of animals are for sale and people buy them and eat it without a blink.

    What always raises eyebrows is the amount of steak I buy. I can't help it. Steak for breakfast AND dinner sounds good to me!

  9. #269
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,846
    The Guinness raised some eyebrows because it wasn't an American pisswater. I live in the South, but the amt of veggies I buy has the clerks (I'm on good terms with them) joking that I'm a closet carnivore vegetarian.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  10. #270
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The Guinness raised some eyebrows because it wasn't an American pisswater. I live in the South, but the amt of veggies I buy has the clerks (I'm on good terms with them) joking that I'm a closet carnivore vegetarian.
    Texas is Texas, not the South

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •