Page 253 of 696 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 253

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The spammers are hoping you will click on one of the little links in their post which then takes you to an advertisement. I agree this is really getting out of control around here lately.
    No, we're talking about posts like this one:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post645742

which have no link. They just say the same thing over and over again in different threads. I'm not really sure what the purpose would be.

dado Guest
    i come here sometimes and i try to think of a gripe, but i don't have any.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    The trick to understanding the no-link spambots is that there's no link YET. But once they get their foothold with hundreds of linkless posts on the site, then they come back in and add a spam link to their sig, or automatically edit the posts to include it.

As a result bam, they have successfully inserted hundreds of spammy links all across the site, whereas if they did it as they go along then in the average forum, they would get caught and zapped after just a few posts.

(that assumes they moderate these forums for spam at all... I keep reporting it but I've never noticed anything or anybot actually vanishing.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    *deep inhale*

STFUSTFUSTFUSTFUSTFUSTFUSTFUYOUFCKINGIDIOTDIEINAFI REMYGODYOU'RESOANNOYING
    Oh em gee, do you work with Karen, Judy and Nancy, too?

I've had a stiff neck for over a week. Now that the stiffness has lessened, I have a very sore lymph node on the right side of my neck, that hurts even more that the stiffness. ow

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Oh em gee, do you work with Karen, Judy and Nancy, too?
    no i don't think so but i'd tell them to die in a fire too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    no i don't think so but i'd tell them to die in a fire too
    Heh heh

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    My GotD: "health care professionals"

No, I did not mention food in any way. But even if I were, I doubt they'd hear me. WHY do doctors, and their assistants, insist on cutting people off mid-sentence?!? I'll get maybe five words out and they'll ASSUME the remaining twenty words and then respond to their assumptions! I swear, I get cut-off mid-sentence MORE by doctors and "health care professionals" than by anybody else, including my kids.

Today, I yelled at a doctor's assistant over the phone (and then started crying out of sheer frustration), partly because it was a bad day to begin with and she just added that last straw, but mostly because she told me the SAME thing every other doctor has told me, and would NOT listen to me when I told her just that. EVERY SINGLE DOCTOR (gp, paediatrician, psychiatrist, counsellor) tells us (me and my daughter) the same damn thing, even after we tell them it's already been tried and it DIDN'T work! And yet, they seem to have this idea that because it's now coming from the hallowed lips of a "health care professional" who's been at it "since 1982" that it's suddenly going to work THIS TIME?!? I don't think so, bud!

And this is why I avoided doctors since living on my own, and having kids. But now, 16yo daughter's school is requiring doctors' notes for all her absences. And even after I tell them how many, and what kinds, of doctors are involved, they still ask me what's going on, and why isn't she in school, and how can we get her to come to school. UNTIL YOU CAN FIX HER MIGRAINES AND HER DELAYED SLEEP DISORDER DO NOT ASK ME THAT STUPID QUESTION!!!!

I wanna rip hair from skulls, braid it, and then hang them with the braids!

jandge is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Having a completely inappropriate crush on someone. It's horrible on so many different levels. Professor/student, more than 25 year age difference, both in awesome relationships. I would never do anything and would stop any advances made by him if they were to occur. But holy sweet goddamn, the man just makes my heart race.

My professor was playing his guitar in the classroom while people were working and I was sitting a few feet away from him. I couldn't stop blushing and had this weird giggle fit. Acoustic guitar playing makes me swoon and I already have a crush on this man. So it was just too much to contain. I felt like I was five. Thankgod his back was to me, because I could not control it for anything.

STUPID STUPID CRUSHES.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Gripe: A woman talking about eating a gallon of ice cream and saying "oh I know it's so unhealthy, what was thinking? It's okay though because I'm pregnant, I'll get healthy after the baby".

So upsetting.