Page 251 of 696 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 251

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    For those with the Aus. Cattle Dog issues - just so you know, they settle down at about 5 :-) My sister has one (the dog now lives with my mom due to my sister's 2 small kids and the dog's still-present herding and jealousy issues) and I remember when we were at university together, the dog would drive her insane because it was soooo active - my sister started going for long bike rides in the woods with the dog running beside the bike... that worked on days she could do it, but totally backfired on days she couldn't because the dog was getting too fit and needed ever-increasing amounts of exercise to settle down...

Thus, I have a Labrador - totally happy with an hour of good walking a day, the rest of the time is a total couch potato.
    OMG, the jealousy issues are insane. Whenever I sit on my boyfriend's lap or even hug him Harvey starts barking. Our older border collie mix used to do that as well but she got over it. And yes, I'm scared of him getting too fit. But my understanding is that the worst of it is over between 18 mos and 3 years. Still quite energetic but not quite so destructive. We knew what we were in for and actually have a sense of humor about. We're even planning on getting another one eventually, in the same age range so they'll be better matched, although I must say, the Catahoula Harvey plays with is looking pretty good.

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Somebody comments on my weight loss (40 lbs since this person last saw me), and then asks how I did it. I shrug, trying to rob a few seconds to think of what to say to THIS person when my boss (wheelchair-bound woman needing to do her shopping) chimes in with "it's a diet".
    I've explained to my boss that it's not a diet, that it's a diet change because I KNOW the word "diet" get mentally translated to "temporary".
    I bite my tongue and walk a few feet away while boss and this lady start their own conversation.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    People that just stare at you when you smile and say "Good morning."

Seriously, I had been at work since 6am, working in the wind/rain/cold and I STILL was cheerful when I saw the guy jogging down the street.

Me: "Good morning!"
    Him: (stare)
    Me: "GOOD MORNING!!!" (yelled - I don't ignore well)
    Him: (stare)
    Me: "Well you take care an have a great day!" (also yelled - seriously, don't be a jerk!)

I'm in uniform with a badge, walking toward my truck which is also emblazoned with the utility company logo, so I'm not some stranger panhandling, and I'm obviously working on a Saturday morning (and you're obviously not), but you really can't manage even a smile?
    To be fair, it might not have been an intentional slight. I know that I tend to zone out when I'm in transit on my feet, to the point that my brain can't get its shit together in time for proper social interaction:
    Me: *...but what would the horse have to do with higher education? I just don't think - *
    You: Good morning!
    Me: *Oh God! What?! What's going on? Where am I? What year is it????*
    Me: *Oh, crap. I'm supposed to say something, but I've already gone past her, and now I look like a douchebag, but it's too late to turn around, and oh dear Lord what do I do now?* runs away

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Gotd: Tmi
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 12-04-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    To be fair, it might not have been an intentional slight. I know that I tend to zone out when I'm in transit on my feet, to the point that my brain can't get its shit together in time for proper social interaction:
    Me: *...but what would the horse have to do with higher education? I just don't think - *
    Me: *Oh God! What?! What's going on? Where am I? What year is it????*
    Me: *Oh, crap. I'm supposed to say something, but I've already gone past her, and now I look like a douchebag, but it's too late to turn around, and oh dear Lord what do I do now?* runs away
    Hmm. Maybe that was you yesterday...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I went out clubbing last night for a friend's birthday party. 6 insanely good looking guys tried hitting on me/asking for my number.

WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN WHEN I WAS SINGLE???? It's not FUN turning guys down!!!
    ...Though one was adorable and I had to give him a cuddle to say I was sorry XD
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Kelly Barr is offline Member
    You know I get that too,. I have a step daughter who thinks she knows freaking everything. She is huge and I kind of have to laugh inside. I told her over thanksgiving that I was going to do this and she knew it all. So I am just going to prove my point the next time I see her. Proof will be how I look...

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    I went out clubbing last night for a friend's birthday party. 6 insanely good looking guys tried hitting on me/asking for my number.

WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN WHEN I WAS SINGLE???? It's not FUN turning guys down!!!
    ...Though one was adorable and I had to give him a cuddle to say I was sorry XD
    What, did you take off your ring or something?

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Hmm. Maybe that was you yesterday...
    I'd remember social awkwardness of that magnitude...over and over and over again, in the middle of the night, wondering why, God, why?

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    What, did you take off your ring or something?
    Pfft, I'm 19 and my boyfriend's mentally ill. I do not see a ring in the near future! XD
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!