Page 247 of 696 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 247

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Seriously? Well I can do one better than that! One time I...

Oh. Never mind.
    I LOL'd.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    GOTD: So many things I want to say but don't (thank goodness for the delete button or I would be sooo much trouble) Here is a short synopsis though:

1. Be smarter than the jar of protein powder and dig until you find the friggin scoop instead of bitching to us that we don't know how much protein is in a table-frickin-spoon.
    2. We are never going to all agree on religion or politics, deal with it, get over it quit trying to reform everyone and name call/insult those that do not agree with you!

that is all.. I feel better.. time to delete.. oh what the hell!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    +1 to #2.

I used to argue politics all the time as a poli sci major. In all that time, I never convinced anybody of anything (other than those who already shared my same politics) or changed anybody's mind. So I stopped doing it. I don't read the political threads, even though I'm keenly interested and involved in the topic. It all boils down to the way you view the world and the way your brain (the amygdala, in particular) is wired and even your genetic makeup, it turns out .... and nobody is changing that. (See today's Link Love on the empathy gene .... fascinating stuff.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    WTF! The friggin show cliff-hangs me to death with Barney getting Robin pregnant!?!?!? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey we don't even know that it's Barney's!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    It all boils down to the way you view the world and the way your brain (the amygdala, in particular) is wired and even your genetic makeup, it turns out .... and nobody is changing that. (See today's Link Love on the empathy gene .... fascinating stuff.)
    I don't believe that. Most people are left-wingers in college as they are indoctrinated by their professors, then become right-wingers when they get out into the real world.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I don't believe that. Most people are left-wingers in college as they are indoctrinated by their professors, then become right-wingers when they get out into the real world.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” -- Winston Churchill
    HAHA. Have you been talking to my Mom, Grok?! She actually said to me, 'You used to be so cool until you went to college and those liberal professors brainwashed you."

I actually see it the other way around. Prior to me getting out on my own, I was merely parroting my parents' beliefs. I did a lot of reading and thinking and was exposed to exciting new ideas in college and saw more of the world. But I was always a flaming leftie in my heart. My mother tells the story of me coming home from preschool just crying my eyes out over the Indians because the other kids were saying things like, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." It upset me.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 11-27-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    My mother tells the story of me coming home from preschool just crying my eyes out over the Indians because the other kids were saying things like, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." It upset me.
    Yes, I'm really pissed off at my government for what they did to the Indians. I believe it was General Sherman who slaughtered the southerners in the civil war under Lincoln and who also did a lot of slaughtering of the Indians under Grant.

My GotD:
    People who will not drive in the city....because they are afraid. There's a whole lot of them over on this side of the river. How limiting is that? Whatevs, scaredy-cats.

Back on my GotD from the other day:
    I made the mistake of telling a very negative, passive-aggressive person about THE BIG GOAL I'm making actual concrete progress towards. Her little negative dig over Thanksgiving is still sitting in my craw, I must admit. But I have decided that I am going to succeed .... if nothing else, just to spite her. And I'm thinking long and hard about even continuing the friendship. It wasn't just what happened the other day; it's more than that. I don't need and don't want people like that in my life that leave a yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach.

/gripe

jandge is offline Senior Member
    GoTD is at myself. Went pie and cranberry sauce crazy for three days - ran out. And went cold turkey by eating cold turkey for the past day and a half.

I have a splitting headache. Thanks, sugar, grains and free will!

Tigerlily: That sucks! It's really hard to end a friendship, even when it's not the best interest for you (or even the other person.) Had to do something like that a long time ago, and it was hard, but worth it in the end!
    Last edited by jandge; 11-28-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    GoTD is at myself. Went pie and cranberry sauce crazy for three days - ran out. And went cold turkey by eating cold turkey for the past day and a half.

I have a splitting headache. Thanks, sugar, grains and free will!
    Isn't it just a joy to do the whole carb flu thing... again?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com