Page 239 of 696 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 239

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i can't tell people just how stupid they are
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i can't tell people just how stupid they are
    I thought that was just a given? Not unique to a single day.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    some just don't realize it, and i feel that it should be my duty as a responsible citizen to tell them so they'll stop being it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    And y'all don't have a boyfriend with 5 feral grandkids that insist on spending each and every holiday at your house.

We have to hide the cats (for their own protection) and everything in the house worth more than $3.00.

I'm teaching The Boyfriend the joys of saying "No" to people that invite themselves.
    Why do you have to hide anything worth more than $3.00? Because they'll steal everything that's not tacked down, or they'll break everything?

Meh, I'd rather just have the cats!

P.S. I've tried and tried, but I actually have no gripe for today! As hoaky as it sounds, life has been pretty darn good since I began keeping a daily gratitude journal.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Meh, I'd rather just have the cats!
    Me, too. Though I will point out that I can't have any flowers or potted plants in the house and I haven't been able to successfully knit anything since I got the little buggers.

Oh, and I'm fostering kittens right now. They think cables are food and that my leg is made for climbing.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Sitting in my class at school about adolescents through aging and the lifestyle and have to suffer through hearing all about how low fat diets with fruit and whole grains are the way to go. This is not even to mention the talk about the damages caused by eating meat and The China Study and healthy vegetarianism.

::headdesk::
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Sitting in my class at school about adolescents through aging and the lifestyle and have to suffer through hearing all about how low fat diets with fruit and whole grains are the way to go. This is not even to mention the talk about the damages caused by eating meat and The China Study and healthy vegetarianism.

They mention China study in class?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Why do you have to hide anything worth more than $3.00? Because they'll steal everything that's not tacked down, or they'll break everything?
    It's definitely a breakage issue. Definitely.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Don't you love how they want us to sit for hours instructing us on the best ways to instruct students (to the point our ass goes numb) but no, no.. teach the kids "this way". Ugh.. the double standard!
    It wasn't quite THAT bad! The class was actually really really good! It involved a lot of good involvement and activities and so on. But they had to pack it into a 2 day class because they haven't been able to get employers to allow 3 days for the class. Which means day 1 of the class is 12 hours long! And for me it was day 7 of sitting all day because I had a day of travel, 4 days of conference and travel, class, study day and then back to class!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD....slow people. Likely as not because they are fat just people walking through the stores and malls, talking or texting on their phones or 3-4 abreast with friends talking and walking slow. Get the f$uck out of my way! I can already see that Christmas season at the mall is going to be fun.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/