Page 238 of 696 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 238

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    You're so much nicer than I am.

Oh, wait! I forgot to mention that they gave it to me wrapped in the plastic Walgreen's bag with the receipt inside showing they picked it up on the way over.

I really do try to be positive, but...
    Oh, yeah, that is lame as hell. Scratch that thoughtful thing. Buy a freaking gift bag at least. How hard is that?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    My gripe for the day is EGGS. They're really starting to piss me off. If I crack 3 of them into the pan, one yolk always breaks. Then if I try to flip them over, at least one more yolk breaks. Then when I go to eat them there is nothing to soak the yolk up off the plate so I'm left to try and slurp them off the plate like a dog. I give up. From now on it's scrambled or else I'll just cook the hell out of them so the yolk is hard. There goes my O3s from eggs.
    I know how to fix the broken yolks! Buy an 8 inch cast iron skillet and dedicate only to egg use. Before each use, throw in an extra tablespoon of fat (un strained bacon grease is sort of a nono, because all the extra bits tend to stick to the pan and ruin the non stick surface). Wipe out extra egg bits with paper towel when done. You're doing it right if it looks shiny and clean after each time cooking eggs.

My mom throws a shit fit if anyone cooks something in her egg pan other than eggs. Hope this helps, because it's worth it for perfect egg yolks.
    Last edited by jandge; 11-09-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    For perfect eggs, don't flip, baste. When the whites are turning white, add a little water in a lid, cover, turn off pan.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    One year I gave everyone gift cards that said that I bought goats, chickens and llamas in their honor through Heifer International. It's the only gift that ever gave my mother tears of joy.

My gripe for the day is EGGS. They're really starting to piss me off. If I crack 3 of them into the pan, one yolk always breaks. Then if I try to flip them over, at least one more yolk breaks. Then when I go to eat them there is nothing to soak the yolk up off the plate so I'm left to try and slurp them off the plate like a dog. I give up. From now on it's scrambled or else I'll just cook the hell out of them so the yolk is hard. There goes my O3s from eggs.
    I dip my (pick one)bacon, steak, sausage, hamburger in my yolks. On the other hand, I've also slurped my yolks off the plate....yummy.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    My GoTD is 12 hours straight of a class on teaching theory, lesson planning and evaluations.
    Dear lord my brain hurts. And my butt.
    Too much sitting and too much thinking.
    And tomorrow is another day. Glad as heck I actually want to take this class or I'd be ready to kill something. But ouch anyway.
    Don't you love how they want us to sit for hours instructing us on the best ways to instruct students (to the point our ass goes numb) but no, no.. teach the kids "this way". Ugh.. the double standard!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I came to this decision unilaterally about 15 years ago. I just told everyone I know and my family that I am opting out of Christmas. I'm not buying you anything and please don't buy me anything. I never go anywhere near a mall until the madness is over.

"False festivity" is a good way to put it. I was in target the other day. I don't know how the employees manage to not go crazy listening to that sappy Xmas musaaaaaaakkkkk!
    Our family pretty much stopped exchanging gifts years ago. That first year was so wonderful! I do give my Dad a bottle of wine and Mom a box of Lake Champlain Chocolates. My children and their spouses each get gift certificates to a good restaurant and I get a small gift for each of my 7 grandchildren. They range in ages from 8 to 1, but it's getting harder to shop for the older ones.

busywaterbending is offline Junior Member
    shoot me now. Every store in s.tx has had holiday (as in Christmas) displays up since August. NO LIE.

And the biggest displays are from Chinese manufacturers! And, on hln, this morning I was told that 1/3 of all honey in america is black market honey from China! That tribe is freaking me out!

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    For perfect eggs, don't flip, baste. When the whites are turning white, add a little water in a lid, cover, turn off pan.
    This.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Damn! I dropped the carton of eggs on the floor this morning. There were 4 left so the carton landed on the small end and broke them all. They're really out to get me. Spilled egg white everywhere. Fried them up like usual and managed not to break the yolks until attempting to lift them with my fork to eat them. Still had to lick my plate to eat the yolks. They're supposedly pastured eggs. Got them at the farmer's market. They're a b****h to crack open, the membrane inside is tough but the shells crack easily. Then the yolks are really fragile, but dark yellow.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: hole- that's getting bigger with every movement- in the elbow of my blouse. I just bought it last year! At Good Will! It was practically new!

Ok, the sleeves are not, really, long enough- so if I can get my hands on a sewing machine for five minutes I'm thinking about turning it into a sleeveless tunic to be worn over some sort of leotard-tight blouse. And the good sleeve could make a nice lounging pillow . . . The other sleeve can be held for scrap. Never know when wine-red raw silk will come in handy . . .