Page 233 of 696 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 233

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
    Last edited by jandge; 11-07-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
    Oh, so you're worried because you're normal? There are a LOT of people in your boat or most of us wouldn't have been overweight and unhealthy (not to mention divorced/pregnant/broke/etc).

We're all a little odd. It's just a question of how much and how well we hide it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

So glad it is not just me.. I thought the same thing about myself. Guess like RitaRose said, must mean we are human.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member

I don't care what the board says about candy. I know it makes me fat, but it's very tasty and I'll eat it because I have my family over.

I'll work out extra hard this week.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Ice the side that has the issue. Let it go through cban ( coldness. Burn. Ache. Numbness). Finally rub it with your fingers really deep back and forth (deep transverse friction.). Rinse, lather, repeat 3x.

What was it? Tennis elbow? Or golfers elbow?
    I have been icing it along with just trying to lay off doing things that make it flare up. But I haven't done the deep rubbing. Might have to give that a try. When you say 3x is that in a day or 3x one after another?

And I don't know if it golfers or tennis elbow. For me its sled dog elbow! (too many 5 gallon buckets)
    Last edited by Noctiluca; 11-07-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Very foggy this morning at sunrise. A bunch of fuckheads driving without their headlights on. I'm still somewhat paranoid after having my low mileage 11 y/o car totaled on Aug. 29 by a stupid driver going through a very late red light, bless the witness who stopped and told the police I had the green arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    I have been icing it along with just trying to lay off doing things that make it flare up. But I haven't done the deep rubbing. Might have to give that a try. When you say 3x is that in a day or 3x one after another?

And I don't know if it golfers or tennis elbow. For me its sled dog elbow! (2 many 5 gallon buckets)
    3x one after the other. You can do the Deep Transverse Friction (DTF) for a good 5 minutes each time if you really want. (go to your comfort level).

The key is that the whole part of that body is numb and you can really break it up without doing much harm. It just really hurts if it isn't numb.

The goal is to break up the scar tissue to let your body do it's own healing.

Notice is has nothing to do with elbow, it's only because the elbow is the closest joint to the location of the pain.

Make sure you're rubbing right over the epicondyle or "elbow bump" right NEXT to the elbow, and not ON the elbow.
    Follow me on google+

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Rita: Huh. Thanks for that comment! When you phrase it that way, it does make a lot more sense. Now it makes me wonder who else doesn't want to touch the leptin reset, because of all the crazy right now.

fpjosh: go go halloween candy!

athomeontherange: And that is why this thread is awesome. People putting our shit into the proper perspective.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Rita: Huh. Thanks for that comment! When you phrase it that way, it does make a lot more sense. Now it makes me wonder who else doesn't want to touch the leptin reset, because of all the crazy right now.

athomeontherange: And that is why this thread is awesome. People putting our shit into the proper perspective.
    The leptin reset is rediculous. If you IF, eat paleo/primal, don't eat wheat, you'll probably be just fine.

+1
    Follow me on google+

shmee is offline Senior Member
    My gripe for the day: I hate my calves. They are big masses of muscle. I've lost mega inches everywhere *except* my calves. Which means I have to wear schleppy man boots instead of the pretty womens calf boots.

Little ankles, little knees, massive calves
    Start Weight: 265.8
    Current Weight: 234.4
    Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014