Page 22 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 22

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The first day I put my seedlings outside because they weren't getting enough sun in the house, it dips to temps low enough to worry me about their survival. They should be fine, they're lettuce seedlings and it only dipped to 37*F, but it's still worrying.
    I have three varieties of lettuce left over from last year that have not only survived two serious cold snaps but are damned near big enough to pick as baby leaves.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    GotD: My toddler proudly declared, "I did it!" after opening the baby gate at the top of the stairs. Let's hope we just didn't have it latched properly...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Oh, and I get the bed all to myself.
    haha - My Hubby goes to North Carolina for a week in April. Having the bed to myself is one of the best parts. The other is not having to hear him constantly cuss at the computer or whatever he's working on that isn't coming out right. Definitely not a gripe.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    haha - My Hubby goes to North Carolina for a week in April. Having the bed to myself is one of the best parts. The other is not having to hear him constantly cuss at the computer or whatever he's working on that isn't coming out right. Definitely not a gripe.
    I keep telling my boyfriend that when we move into the house not only are we getting a king-sized bed but I'm putting a barricade up in the middle.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I'm putting a barricade up in the middle.
    Heheh, when you go bed shopping, the keyword you need is "bundling board": bundling board - Google Search
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Back in our college days, Geek had it worked out. We determind that I had a predilection for burrowing myself in the crack between the bed and the wall. If I was on the outside, I'd burrow into him. On the inside, I'd just takes the covers and roll myself into the crack. 2 sets of blankets, prob solved.
    Now, We trade places during the night as to whos hogging the bed, unintentionally. We still have the 2 covers thing. The bed's never been an issue.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Garbagemen! Has anyone ever seen a garbagewoman (I bet they would be neater! Iknow that's sexist, still....)? These yahoos can't empty the recycling without throwing the lids ten feet away, sometimes across the road. The containers are so cracked and broken you'd think Godzilla tossed them about.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Back in our college days, Geek had it worked out. We determind that I had a predilection for burrowing myself in the crack between the bed and the wall. If I was on the outside, I'd burrow into him. On the inside, I'd just takes the covers and roll myself into the crack. 2 sets of blankets, prob solved.
    Now, We trade places during the night as to whos hogging the bed, unintentionally. We still have the 2 covers thing. The bed's never been an issue.
    We take turn hogging the covers as well, although apparently that's mostly me. Sometimes he'll wake up and I'm not even under them but I'll be sprawled out on top with them all on my side. He rolls around and at 6'1" to my almost 5'3", "Get OFFA me Hillbilly!" I don't stand a chance. I figure a with king-size it'll just take him longer to make his way over.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Garbagemen! Has anyone ever seen a garbagewoman (I bet they would be neater! Iknow that's sexist, still....)? These yahoos can't empty the recycling without throwing the lids ten feet away, sometimes across the road. The containers are so cracked and broken you'd think Godzilla tossed them about.
    wind sucks doesn't it?

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Where I live, the trucks just have a mechanical arm on the truck that tips the bin into the back. If stuff falls out, they don't seem to get out and pick it up.