Page 215 of 696 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 215

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My mother insists on leaving her roasts uncovered despite the fact that they end up bone dry. On the plus side I cook 3/4 of the meals now.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So went back to the Doc's Friday as I was NOT improving in anyway, in fact was getting worse and get told this:

Yes, you are doing everything right (supplements, washing hands etc.) but with your lungs and asthma, your going to get sick anyway. Come back sooner next time.

Was given ANOTHER antibiotic, a steroid and cough syrup with codeine. Yes feel better, but thats not the point!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Ordering food at a restaraunt now is the most rediculous process. I hold up the whole family who instead of waiting, tells me they will eat the fries.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

jandge is offline Senior Member
    Another fantastic sister moment from about two months ago. She told me I wasn't a compassionate person, because I didn't want my 25 year old drop out cousin with herpes and her two screaming babies staying at our house for more than one night.

This house is tiny (1,100 sq ft)- the current residents are: my mother and I, my aunt with MS who is now bedridden forever and stuck in a hospital bed in the living room, her four year old son, and two male cousins (28 yo and 14 yo). I'm a selfish motherfucker and if household situation annoyed me enough I could leave - but it works right now at that capacity.

My GoTD is that being called uncompassionate has made me fucking angry - and it's kicking around in my head and changing how I view myself for the past two months. It's really starting to get annoying. I'm selfish, but I'm not a bad person.

And because I can't say it to your face, dear sister: Don't shove your fucking judgements down my throat when you live alone and don't offer up your accommodations to this cousin that didn't know how to use a condom three different times (she gave her disabled first son up for adoption). We don't need more people in this house, especially ones looking for pity because they fucked up their life.
    Last edited by jandge; 10-17-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

wilmamiller32 is offline Junior Member
    Great work ! I will keep following this thread!!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    And because I can't say it to your face, dear sister: Don't shove your fucking judgements down my throat when you live alone and don't offer up your accommodations to this cousin that didn't know how to use a condom three different times (she gave her disabled first son up for adoption). We don't need more people in this house, especially ones looking for pity because they fucked up their life.
    What a hypocrite. Besides, where are you supposed to put them? In a tent in the back yard? Sounds like you're already doing a lot for your family. Plus your aunt is bedridden. I can't imagine having two screaming children running around an overcrowded house will do anything to improve her health.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    My GoTD is that being called uncompassionate has made me fucking angry - and it's kicking around in my head and changing how I view myself for the past two months. It's really starting to get annoying. I'm selfish, but I'm not a bad person.
    Hi Jandge,

Here is some awesome advice about dealing with stressful family relationships.

HealingMagic's Channel - YouTube

And here is a woman using an effective technique for releasing stress surrounding her irresponsible sister:
    http://youtu.be/dyHH8nyC7vc

You could copy what she is doing, and see if it helps.

Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MrsToon; 10-18-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Why can't you say it to her? Maybe it's just something that gets easier as you get older ;> but putting up with people's bullshit only encourages them to continue. What's she going to do to you? Take your birthday away? Toxic people only impact your life if you let them <hug> I know it's hardest to call them on it when it's family.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    My dog decided, in his infinite wisdom, to drink a WHOLE lot of water at 10 PM last night. No biggie, thought I, he does this all the time. I walked him for half an hour, he marked 2 or 3 trees and was done...

Not good.

Less good at 1:30 AM when he woke me up to go out...

Double less good at 5:45 when he did it again...

I think he got it out of his system on the last run, which I believe was due to the fact I threatened to sell him to a Korean restaurant. Sure, it was a totally empty threat, but it was funny at the time.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrail View Post
    Why can't you say it to her? Maybe it's just something that gets easier as you get older ;> but putting up with people's bullshit only encourages them to continue.
    Amen. A very hearty Amen.

I have no patience for crap anymore, family or not.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com