Page 21 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 21

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    These forums did not correctly auto-detect my DST. I had to edit my General Settings and tell it to always use DST in order for the forums to get the post times correct.

BTW: General overall DST gripe!

Now I'm off to go set my clocks... *sigh*
    Last edited by Grok; 03-13-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Edit DST sucks in general

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphaella View Post
    ^^^Really??? Very very cool I will probably be over there tomorrow looking for them. I never tried rice noodles though....do they go good with a tomato meat sauce?
    They don't really have much flavor of their own so they soak in whatever is around them. It's the texture of the shiritaki, I really should have said, that is really more like rice noodles. They come in a plastic bag and are wet. Be sure to drain and rinse them first.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Sort of Gripe today: I love DST. I wish we had it all but December.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    All I ask is a day for ME. Not one with housework I have to catch up on, not one where I have to work on the weekend, not one where the only stress reduction I get is the 15 minutes I take so I don't strangle someone. Just 24 hrs to enjoy with my Geek in the same house and not have to worry abt housework or work or being fired or required friends/ inlaws time or being hurt/ ill. That's all I ask. I wouldn't even ask, except that I haven't seen it in the better part of a month.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    All I ask is a day for ME. Not one with housework I have to catch up on, not one where I have to work on the weekend, not one where the only stress reduction I get is the 15 minutes I take so I don't strangle someone. Just 24 hrs to enjoy with my Geek in the same house and not have to worry abt housework or work or being fired or required friends/ inlaws time or being hurt/ ill. That's all I ask. I wouldn't even ask, except that I haven't seen it in the better part of a month.
    Just take it! The housework will still be there; put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and let the voicemail take the calls. Run away for a day with your beloved. You will never regret it.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Just take it! The housework will still be there; put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and let the voicemail take the calls. Run away for a day with your beloved. You will never regret it.
    Being jobless blows asscrackers.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Hubby left for two weeks for work. Bummer. I'll miss him.

Oh, wait.....

Hubby left for two weeks for work! This means, I don't have to wash his clothes, cook him dinner, listen to helicopter gripes, access the computer whenever I want to, read anytime I want to, and take the dogs out hiking and will be able to listen to nature!
    Sorry, I decided it's not a gripe after all.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and I get the bed all to myself.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    People who wear too much perfume. A co-worker is wearing the most god-awful sickly sweet perfume today, even though she's behind a tall cube about 15 ft away, it's killing my sinuses. I stopped wearing it because it give my DH headaches, perhaps that's made me more sensitive....
    It doesn't help that I'm tired as heck. DST which I love is contributing along with the fact that I only got about 3 -4 or hours of sleep last night. SIL was having dizzy spells so my DD called me at 10 to come over and stay with the boys so she could take him to Emergency. Slept off and on on their couch. They got home around 2:30 am and I got to bed at 3:00 - Sleep Cycle alarm went off at 4:07. Not griping about having to help family, just tired and experiencing perfume overdose...

PrimalCon New York
    The first day I put my seedlings outside because they weren't getting enough sun in the house, it dips to temps low enough to worry me about their survival. They should be fine, they're lettuce seedlings and it only dipped to 37*F, but it's still worrying.
    My Primal Battle Tome