Page 203 of 696 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 203

  1. #2021
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    I'm not sure how? I can't find my snow leopard disc anywhere
    go to the apple store in newcastle and they'll install it for you

    if they deny the first time ask to speak to a maanger and plead if you have to, their #1 priority is to make the customer happy. say it's obvious I have valid copy of snow leopard otherwise I wouldn't have beena ble to install Lion on my computer.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  2. #2022
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

    /rant

    thank you
    blame excessive over regulation of the industry and lack of tort reform
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  3. #2023
    sarah1990's Avatar
    sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    go to the apple store in newcastle and they'll install it for you

    if they deny the first time ask to speak to a maanger and plead if you have to, their #1 priority is to make the customer happy. say it's obvious I have valid copy of snow leopard otherwise I wouldn't have beena ble to install Lion on my computer.
    Thanks. I have to go tomorrow to sort out my mums macbook battery, my iPod and iPhone anyway...

    Starting to wonder why I spend money on these products haha.

  4. #2024
    sarah1990's Avatar
    sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    247
    I've had this in my head ALL day. It's a gripe but also a good thing if that's possible?

    thelonelyisland's Channel - YouTube

  5. #2025
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    Thanks. I have to go tomorrow to sort out my mums macbook battery, my iPod and iPhone anyway...

    Starting to wonder why I spend money on these products haha.
    Make an appointment to see the genius bar first before you go. Again Apple trains its employees to make customer's happy. Stand firm on your demands but extremely polite and sympathetic they will bend over backwards for you if you're nice. Too many people are mean . Managers have enormous discretion to do whatever they want to make customers happy. If the person you're talking to can't do anything ask to speak to a manager they hold the power.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  6. #2026
    sarah1990's Avatar
    sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Make an appointment to see the genius bar first before you go. Again Apple trains its employees to make customer's happy. Stand firm on your demands but extremely polite and sympathetic they will bend over backwards for you if you're nice. Too many people are mean . Managers have enormous discretion to do whatever they want to make customers happy. If the person you're talking to can't do anything ask to speak to a manager they hold the power.
    They were really good when the screen on my iPhone failed as they gave me a new one for nothing!
    I will be nice to them. I have worked in retail and I despise rude customers, there's no need.

  7. #2027
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    They were really good when the screen on my iPhone failed as they gave me a new one for nothing!
    I will be nice to them. I have worked in retail and I despise rude customers, there's no need.
    I worked for Apple Retail years ago and some of the people I worked with still work for Apple Retail and they say not much has changed in terms of policy, just trying to help you get what you want
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  8. #2028
    DaisyEater's Avatar
    DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    GOTD:
    People who are late to social engagements. Consistently. Anybody can be late now and then. As the bumper sticker says, "shit happens" but when this is a pattern with a particular person to me it indicates some combination of :
    1)Poor planning skills
    2)Failure to prioritize anything other than selfish needs/wants/goals highly enough

    And then, to really be gripe worthy, there are the people who are like this all the time but think that calling makes it OK. One call to say, "I'm running 20 minutes late". 45 minutes later it's, "Can we push it back and hour?" Eventually they show up, 2 hours after the initially scheduled time and can't understand why you are pissed because, "I called to let you know".

    I used to date someone like this. He has been around again lately and I've been remembering why I called it off in the first place.
    I'm always amazed by the people who wait to call until after they are already late. Like you didn't realize when we said that we'd meet at noon and you're a half hour drive from here that you would be late if you didn't leave by 11:30. It's one thing when people hit traffic. It happens a lot around here. But if you call me at 12:05 and you haven't left yet, I'm going to be scratching my head.

  9. #2029
    CoS's Avatar
    CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    421
    Gripe: people who think the only way to lose weight/get healthy is to "go to the gym." I have a buddy who drinks way too much (imperial stouts, no less) and eats like shit, but thinks the best way to lose weight is doing the elliptical machine every day.

  10. #2030
    spakesneaker's Avatar
    spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    Gripe: people who think the only way to lose weight/get healthy is to "go to the gym." I have a buddy who drinks way too much (imperial stouts, no less) and eats like shit, but thinks the best way to lose weight is doing the elliptical machine every day.
    +1!! I was in a 'who can lose the greatest percentage of their bodyweight in three months' contest with some friends once (and we were all around the same weight), and they were so confused that I won when they were going to the gym every day and I barely went. I just paid more attention to what I was eating and started eating lower-carb. They were soooooo pissed, hahaha.


    Also, I'm always the one who shows up on time to things. I've had times where I get in a good half-hour walk before even one other person shows up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •