Page 201 of 696 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 201

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    my grips: this crummy antibiotic is destroying my gut! and am I the only conservative around this joint?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    ... telling them, "it's simple, calories in, calories out. If you can subtract, you can lose weight."
    Jillian eats low(erish) carb! Ever since I realized this when she disclosed her eats, I have written her off. What a hypocrite.

My gripe: People who circle around and around like buzzards in the grocery store parking lot, rather than parking 6 cars down and waddling a few more steps. Drives me nuts!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Jillian eats low(erish) carb! Ever since I realized this when she disclosed her eats, I have written her off. What a hypocrite.

My gripe: People who circle around and around like buzzards in the grocery store parking lot, rather than parking 6 cars down and waddling a few more steps. Drives me nuts!
    Oh gawd I hate that. It's really bad at the farmer's market and it makes me nutty. "You're at the farmer's market! Buying healthy food! Walking is good for you too!" The worst part, though, is that traffic is one way on each side, no way to pass or avoid all the people stopped waiting to pull in. When we see it's busy we just park down the street or a street over and walk the 1/4 mile or so.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    My gripe today: my back f-ing hurts since I squatted and deadlifted yesterday, but I can't figure out what's wrong with my form to fix it, or whether the actual problem is something else and I'm just exacerbating it by lifting. Grrr.

I need to record my next workout on video and get someone knowledgeable to critique me.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh gawd I hate that. It's really bad at the farmer's market and it makes me nutty. "You're at the farmer's market! Buying healthy food! Walking is good for you too!" The worst part, though, is that traffic is one way on each side, no way to pass or avoid all the people stopped waiting to pull in. When we see it's busy we just park down the street or a street over and walk the 1/4 mile or so.
    wow.. I had to check your location. Thought we went to the same one! Same thing here.
    Karin

Gripe: the add on Tv for Lipozene to reduce your body fat for only $30 a box. Seriously?? This chick hawking this shit has never had a weight problem in her life. How does she live with herself. What about side effects?
    Karin

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh gawd I hate that. It's really bad at the farmer's market and it makes me nutty. "You're at the farmer's market! Buying healthy food! Walking is good for you too!"
    That is pretty bad. Only way it could be worse is if they were on their way to PrimalCon or AHS.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Paleobird Guest
    GOTD:
    People who are late to social engagements. Consistently. Anybody can be late now and then. As the bumper sticker says, "shit happens" but when this is a pattern with a particular person to me it indicates some combination of :
    1)Poor planning skills
    2)Failure to prioritize anything other than selfish needs/wants/goals highly enough

And then, to really be gripe worthy, there are the people who are like this all the time but think that calling makes it OK. One call to say, "I'm running 20 minutes late". 45 minutes later it's, "Can we push it back and hour?" Eventually they show up, 2 hours after the initially scheduled time and can't understand why you are pissed because, "I called to let you know".

I used to date someone like this. He has been around again lately and I've been remembering why I called it off in the first place.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And then, to really be gripe worthy, there are the people who are like this all the time but think that calling makes it OK. One call to say, "I'm running 20 minutes late". 45 minutes later it's, "Can we push it back and hour?" Eventually they show up, 2 hours after the initially scheduled time and can't understand why you are pissed because, "I called to let you know".

I used to date someone like this. He has been around again lately and I've been remembering why I called it off in the first place.
    Haha people like that are super-irritating. They usually don't even realize you're pissed off either. So self-centered.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This was an old comment about chicken pox but I had to respond:

Yes, not only can some people get it twice, but it can be much worse the second time. Just imagine having chicken pox down your throat, in your urethra, on the whites of your eyes... FUN.

I'm so glad they can immunize kids these days so my own kids have a reduced chance of having to deal with that even once. (between the vaccine and herd immunity.)
    my daughter was immunized The doctor said some people never develop an immunity...huh?
    Karin