Page 200 of 696 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 200

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sitting with my 16yo daughter watching Dr Phil. It's about overweight children. First kid, a boy, age 14, was 550lbs!! Jillian Michaels was also a guest. My mind started fizzing out when she said, "It's simple. Calories in, calories out." ARGH!

And then, second kid, 4 years old, 120lbs. Mom says she feeds him well, salads (good), and then fat free everything else!!! I almost threw something at my television. I wanted to scream that fat-free makes you fat!!!. I should know! I DID the fat-free for a little over a year. I'd just devoured Susan Powter's book and felt all gung ho about losing my weight. I think the only thing that stopped me from gaining weight were my three-times-a-week trips to the gym.

I've been eating primally for almost three months, and I've lost weight! I'm eating more fat--good fat!--than I've ever eaten in my life, more than I used to think was "safe" and "healthy". And then I hear, on the Dr Phil, that they're STILL sprouting the same old sh*t!

I should have known. *shakes head* It's a prime time show which, of course, will kowtow to CW.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    maybe i'm wrong, but i don't really think jillian should be allowed to teach the kids. unless she's a secret sweetheart and i don't know it
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jandge is offline Senior Member
    She wasn't teaching the kids, she was sitting next to the mom's and telling them, "it's simple, calories in, calories out. If you can subtract, you can lose weight."

Glad I was the only one going batty watching that, Kimelah!

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    My gripe of the day: it seems like half of the paleo community is made up of anarcho-libertarian Randian Ron Paul supporters. I know it's probably just they're very vocal, but it makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'll be pissed off at you for you if you don't want to do it yourself.
    Darn it , Sarah! Stop that self destructive BS this minute! You know better than that. Shape up, girl!
    How was that?
    Haha thanks.

I've learnt my lesson though as I now have a cold. Been working in a primary school this week (hello biscuits in the staff room =/) and the little horrors have made me ill. I haven't been ill since starting primal. Boo

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimelah View Post
    Sitting with my 16yo daughter watching Dr Phil. It's about overweight children. First kid, a boy, age 14, was 550lbs!! Jillian Michaels was also a guest. My mind started fizzing out when she said, "It's simple. Calories in, calories out." ARGH!
    I love Jillian. Like, if I wasn't already gay, I'd totally go gay for her. (wait, what?) One of the hardest things for me when I found PB, maybe even harder than giving up cereal, was accepting that Jillian and I had fundamentally different views about nutrition and we would probably never work out.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    My gripe of the day: it seems like half of the paleo community is made up of anarcho-libertarian Randian Ron Paul supporters. I know it's probably just they're very vocal, but it makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Most of us leave them to it. It gets ugly. I'm a flaming liberal, European style social democrat/social liberal.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    It's been over 2 months and I still burst into tears when I see pictures of my dog.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Most of us leave them to it. It gets ugly. I'm a flaming liberal, European style social democrat/social liberal.
    I'm mostly to the left of the political spectrum, though I'm not exactly a commie liberal pinko. Ron Paul makes me facepalm forever, though.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    I'm mostly to the left of the political spectrum, though I'm not exactly a commie liberal pinko. Ron Paul makes me facepalm forever, though.
    No, me neither, although some here would disagree. I'm more of a hybrid, take the best from each party and leave the dogmatic bullshit behind.

My gripe today is that I rarely drink but bought a bottle of wine, hoping to enjoy a glass or two after dinner, then remembered that I don't have a corkscrew. Grrrr.