Page 183 of 696 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 183

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    That stupid FB game going around to 'raise breast cancer awareness'. It's another one of those 'don't tell the boys eeheehee' bullshit games.
    You pick a 'craving' and '#weeks' according to your birthdate and write 'I am # weeks along and craving ____'
    Apparently this raises awareness.
    OH wait no, it's completely fucking confusing, and now people think you're knocked up. And oh, what about you friends that may be infertile? Oh heehee it was just a joke.

I Am Not Pregnant Nor Am I Craving Anything | Tales of a Kitchen Witch
    Oh fuck no. Who's the dumbass who came up with that one?

canio6 Guest
    Is there really anyone who is not aware of breast cancer? I mean really? There is so much pink Susan Komen shit around these days I'd think you would have to be blind, deaf, and willfully ignorant not to be aware.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh fuck no. Who's the dumbass who came up with that one?
    No idea, but it annoys the shit out of me. I hope a friend of mine doesn't see it, she recently had a miscarriage, and it'd be the first kid with her new fiance too. They'd been trying so long.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

No idea, but it annoys the shit out of me. I hope a friend of mine doesn't see it, she recently had a miscarriage, and it'd be the first kid with her new fiance too. They'd been trying so long.
    That's awful. And then there's those of us who have no intention of having children. My family would get that it's a joke but some people's families pressure them to have children. There are just too many reasons why this is a bad idea.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    That stupid FB game going around to 'raise breast cancer awareness'. It's another one of those 'don't tell the boys eeheehee' bullshit games.
    You pick a 'craving' and '#weeks' according to your birthdate and write 'I am # weeks along and craving ____'
    Apparently this raises awareness.
    OH wait no, it's completely fucking confusing, and now people think you're knocked up. And oh, what about you friends that may be infertile? Oh heehee it was just a joke.

I Am Not Pregnant Nor Am I Craving Anything | Tales of a Kitchen Witch
    Jesus tapdancing Christ on a cracker, ANOTHER ONE? I swear, if (God forbid!) I ever do get breast cancer, I'm not telling anyone outside my immediate family just to spite this ridiculous bullshit.

GotD: Work gave us a cookout lunch today, hotdogs and hamburgers. I did the lettuce-as-buns thing, and it was tasty. Of course, it didn't occur to me until after I'd eaten a hot dog that it might contain casein or lactic acid. Fuck. Hopefully not, I'd rather not spend the long weekend in pain. This is also depressing; Mark says not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, but I'm having to become increasingly hard-line "perfect" because of my intolerances. I've pretty much stopped eating at restaurants for fear of cross-contamination, and everything I cook is at least 98/2 (you can have my fish sauce and tamari when you pry them from my cold, dead hands) - dammit, I just want some grilled meat in a tube on a holiday or two.

Why do all the bills have to come in on the same day? Electric, gas and phone. And we got a call from the vet. We just had our new dog neutered and they found an umbilical hernia which will have to be repaired. They didn't find it until he was coming out from under sedation otherwise they could have done it all at once, so he'll need another operation. It's fairly minor, so no big deal, but it would have saved us some money if they could have fixed it when fixing him. And he had three kinds of worms, which they treated for but he'll need a follow-up and booster shots. He was a shelter dog, so not completely surprising. And even if we knew in advance we'd still have adopted him, but grrrrrr. All in one day. Give a girl some breathing room already.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    My four year old cousin keeps telling me that, "I've lost a lot a weight," when we're hanging out alone and he walks to have conversation. He just turned four in July, and there is no way in hell that he knows what that even means.

It's super weird hearing it come from him. And kind of annoying that my weight it being discussed enough for him to even pick up on it. Don't like it.
    Last edited by jandge; 09-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Bane is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: people calling and asking directions to the business. I slowly list off the directions from where they are, with the 5 turns to make, throwing in some landmarks to help. Then I hear the dreaded "wait a minute, let me grab a pen and write this down".

"Sorry we're now closed." *click*

(I wish)

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    'I read something that I thought was initially harmless, full of primal journey stuff I didn't know would be at all private. I don't see how you can be angry at me, when as I see it, i'm the only one who has the right to be upset here.'

It's a good thing we're talking over msn huni cause you'd be missing a few teeth by now.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My gripe of the day: Wings with sauce make TERRIBLE overtime food. I swear someone will crack my password from the pattern of buffalo sauce on my keyboard.