Page 181 of 696 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6959

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 181

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    GOTD: Just got back from Africa to find that my sister took my dog to the vet while I was gone and had his nails clipped. I have a real dog, not some pampered purse pooch. He digs up gophers and kills squirrels with those nails.

Dear Sis, how would you like it if I were babysitting your kid and you come home to find that I took him to the doctor and got him circumcised while you were gone? And then I tell you that you really should be thanking me because you really should have had it done by now. And then ask you to fucking PAY for it?!?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    + eleventy billion. I can't be bothered with long hair. Especially in the summer when I'm outside doing heavy work. My hair is also super thick. Fortunately no one tries to set me up with anyone, especially since I'm in a relationship, but that's gotta be annoying.
    That's interesting. I work outside too, and I had to grow mine longer because it was long enough to be on my neck but too short for a decent ponytail. I look like crap with really short hair.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That's interesting. I work outside too, and I had to grow mine longer because it was long enough to be on my neck but too short for a decent ponytail. I look like crap with really short hair.
    Oh yeah, I HATE wet hair on my neck and a sweat like mad. When I had it long enough for a ponytail I'd often shave underneath because it's so hot. My hair is also very dark brown so it absorbs sunlight, so kinda like wearing a wool hat. Bleah. Not everyone can wear their hair this short (I get it cut at a barber shop. Better cut, $15, in and out in 10 minutes) but I'm kinda butch so it works.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dear Sis, how would you like it if I were babysitting your kid and you come home to find that I took him to the doctor and got him circumcised while you were gone?
    GOTD: when permanent genital mutilation of a human child is compared to a dog's nail's being clipped. Comparison FAIL!

However, what your sister did was a little nuts and totally out of line.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I'm assuming this was a permanent claw removal, which is more like taking off the tip of your finger than just trimming a nail that will come back later

like I trim my cat's nails, but would never think of removing the claws themselves. that's just cruel.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I'm assuming this was a permanent claw removal, which is more like taking off the tip of your finger than just trimming a nail that will come back later
    I'm not making any assumptions -- I'm just going by what she said, and that's "nails clipped". Nail removal is a completely different thing, and I've never heard of that being done on dogs.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    people remove dog nails?? jeez i don't enjoy my dogs happily scratching my legs for attention but the most i threaten them with is dog shoes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Paleobird Guest
    No, it was just nail clipping not removal but that still can be very painful for a dog depending on the skill of the person doing the clipping. Just a bit too close and they bleed. Not to mention the trauma of being carted to the vet by a stranger.
    As far as the comparison fail goes, that dog is my baby, so, for me, the comparison holds. Sis got a little scratch on her pant leg when my dog jumped up looking for attention. She shouldn't make my dog pay for that. And she just did it without asking. That really bugs me.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, it was just nail clipping not removal but that still can be very painful for a dog depending on the skill of the person doing the clipping. Just a bit too close and they bleed. Not to mention the trauma of being carted to the vet by a stranger.
    As far as the comparison fail goes, that dog is my baby, so, for me, the comparison holds. Sis got a little scratch on her pant leg when my dog jumped up looking for attention. She shouldn't make my dog pay for that. And she just did it without asking. That really bugs me.
    But it's not your baby, it's a dog and someone was watching it and decided that it needed its nails trimmed, you're overreacting.

Unless you specifically told her not to, this is one of the things that good dog watchers do. If you have proof that it was a shoddy job, it'd be a different story.
    Last edited by kenn; 08-26-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sod off, kenn. I'm too tired for your snottiness.