Page 178 of 696 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 178

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i'm bored *whine whine*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    GotD completely unrelated to door-to-door salespeople and/or coffee: Last night I had some cherries, and this morning my digestive tract told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to ingest that much fructose ever again. I love cherries, but the twenty minutes of horrible stabbing pain was not worth it. I don't even want to know what it would do if I ate processed sugar.
    It's probably not the fructose, as the fructose/glucose ratio in cherries isn't that bad. Fructose binds to glucose, allowing it to be absorbed. More likely it's the sorbitol, which cherries are high in. If this is the case, you might want to be careful with other stone fruit, as they tend to be high in sorbitol.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    My boss is dying. Probably just a few more days now. She was a good boss. Less than two years short of retirement with a nice pension. :/
    Last edited by TigerLily; 08-19-2011 at 11:56 PM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    My boss is dying. Probably just a few more days now. She was a good boss. Less than two years short of retirement with a nice pension. :/
    That sucks
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    My SO is going through a phase of thinking we are in the military.
    In boot camp, I expected to have people saying "Jump" and responding with "Yessir, how high, sir?"
    But that was many years ago, and I see no gold on his collar.
    I hope this phase passes soon. It's getting old.
    At least you aren't being told that you have to account for every fifteen minutes of your day like mine expected me to do.

I visited him at work once and his crew were complaining to me how strict he could be (do it my way and we'll all be happy) and I told them he was no different at home. They were surprised.

kiss is offline Senior Member
    I was at the beach yesterday making sure I got my daily Vitamin D. While I was sitting and reading, a family of four sat down under the shade of a palm tree and proceeded to have their lunch. Mom and Dad were quite chubby and in their early/mid 30s. There was a boy about 3 and a gorgeous little baby girl who was sitting up, but I don't think walking just yet. Probably somewhere between 10 months and a year. They were right in my line of vision so I couldn't help but notice that both of the kids were eating foods ending in -O. Such as Frit , Cheet and Cheeri. All was being washed down with 7-Up. Now, I have no children, therefore I'm about the farthest thing from being a parenting expert, but I can't imagine feeding a pre-toddler and pre-schooler such things.

The book I was reading while watching this : Primal Body Primal Mind. Oh the irony.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    whoa that sux

a co-worker of mine died a few yrs ago & i just still can't believe it. Flesh eating bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    GotD completely unrelated to door-to-door salespeople and/or coffee: Last night I had some cherries, and this morning my digestive tract told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to ingest that much fructose ever again. I love cherries, but the twenty minutes of horrible stabbing pain was not worth it. I don't even want to know what it would do if I ate processed sugar.
    i binged on cherries the other day (they were on sale). Apparently they have NEARLY the same gut wrenching power of Welch's Grape Juice (nature's drano). Luckily cherries aren't nearly as bad but damn, yeah i know what you're talking about.

My GOTD: Yes i dress in a rather boho style & yeah i don't really like going to get my hair cut so it does look sorta hippie like, but gd I am sick of being mistaken for a vegetarian.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    My GOTD: Yes i dress in a rather boho style & yeah i don't really like going to get my hair cut so it does look sorta hippie like, but gd I am sick of being mistaken for a vegetarian.
    Okay, I know it sucks for you, but that had me snort-laughing!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com