Page 177 of 696 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 177

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I am always happy to share a pot or a handful of beans.
    I would say you should share with Canio6 as I think he is truly lacking in proper caffination, however you're in DE and he's in AZ. We'd have to find a way to teleport said coffee to him and I don't think that technology is available yet.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I would say you should share with Canio6 as I think he is truly lacking in proper caffination, however you're in DE and he's in AZ. We'd have to find a way to teleport said coffee to him and I don't think that technology is available yet.
    Probably easier for me just to go to the store

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Probably easier for me just to go to the store
    That and your nearest drive through for a quick pick me up.
    Georgette

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    loser players who then go on to say they did nothing wrong.....good morals jerkoff....good luck in the future with that.....seriously how do some people even sleep at night or look in the mirror.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

halfiepint is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    Yea, and do you realize how many times my family has narrowly avoided losing power, water, or even their home, because I spoke to a person with such a sign on their door? If it weren't for "solicitors" our society would be quite different. I am not disrespecting your home. If you don't know who I am, how do you know you don't want to talk to me? Many people are outright happy when they open their door, because they need my services.
    I DO know who you are. You are a salesman trying to pitch me to buy whatever you're selling, and I don't want to talk to you.

I have access to the internet and a car. I am perfectly capable of finding and obtaining whatever I need or want. I don't need you to tell me what I need or want.

My sign says in no uncertain terms: "NO soliciting, that means NO salesmen and we're not hiring. If we want product or service, we'll call you."

If you don't have the mental capability to know what that means, then you should not be out in public unsupervised. Or you're just an inconsiderate jack@$$.

halfiepint is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karatepig View Post
    I am sick and tired of people being afraid to answer the door. I often go door-to-door helping my father promote his carpet cleaning business, and it drives me nuts whenever people peeek out from behind their curtains, nervously say they don't answer the door for strangers, or lock their door, then pretend they are not home (as if I didn't hear the deadbolt slide). And it is never the kids! They just open the door, then get their parents. Noooo, it is the FULLY GROWN ADULTS, including six foot tall MEN who seem scared shitless. Who do they think they are, some important person that might be kidnapped and held for ransom? And how many crazed murderers waltz into a residential neighborhood, guns-a-blazing, in the middle of the freaking day, with a stack of several hundred fliers bearing their name and telephone number on them!?
    I am sick and tired of people assuming that I am required to answer my door, let them in my house, and take up my valuable time listening to their sales pitch.

And it's never kids! Noooo, it's the FULLY GROWN ADULTS, including six foot tall MEN who don't have the mental capability to understand what "I'm not interested" means. Who do they think they are, some important person that I am obligated to?

I don't live in a cave. I know carpet cleaning businesses exist. If I want my carpet cleaned, I'll find one.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Don't tell me we are back to this subject again. Can't we let this one die and just move on??

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    GotD completely unrelated to door-to-door salespeople and/or coffee: Last night I had some cherries, and this morning my digestive tract told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to ingest that much fructose ever again. I love cherries, but the twenty minutes of horrible stabbing pain was not worth it. I don't even want to know what it would do if I ate processed sugar.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    My SO is going through a phase of thinking we are in the military.
    In boot camp, I expected to have people saying "Jump" and responding with "Yessir, how high, sir?"
    But that was many years ago, and I see no gold on his collar.
    I hope this phase passes soon. It's getting old.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

matthew11093 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    how did I miss this thread? Like it!