Page 172 of 696 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 6959

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 172

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    GoML (Gripe of My Life): "You're so skinny!" "You should eat that ice cream." "Trying to be all healthy with that salad, huh?" "You need to eat more."

This is a tough topic because CW makes it okay to pity fat people, but berate skinny people. Both are unhealthy to some degree, and both are manageable and OK to some degree. FUCKING LAY OFF OF PEOPLE AND THEIR BODIES. Body equality, not policing, please.

I've been under a healthy weight range for most of my life, up until recently, and now even at a healthy weight, I look fairly slim (esp. in clothes). People have never stopped judging me for what I eat, whether it's too much or too little or just enough. Too much says "Good, you need to gain some weight!" and too little or enough is "You need to eat more!". Way to give me body image issues, society. I really appreciate it. I choose to eat healthier now, and that means as little sugar as possible, no grains, and plenty of healthy proteins and fats. Your burnt bread smells bad to me, just leave me alone and I'll do the same for you.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Okay and GotD: severe lower abdominal cramps. Maybe from the bread yesterday, as I should not be near getting my period (but I think I'm ovulating?). Want to curl up and die, but I'm across the country for training so that would not be wise.
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsd View Post
    GotD: My go-to lunch place was out of the flank steak today. Had to get my salad with grilled chicken instead.
    I got invited to a wings joint for a reunion tonight. Sweet talked the server into a chicken sandwich without the marinade, even though they supposedly come pre-marinaded. (Skipped the bread and potato chips, obviously)

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    quelsen: heheh.

namelesswonder: As the overweight wife of a super-skinny dude, we hear it all. Totally agreed. People love having socially acceptable excuses to be nosy busybodies, and this is one of those arenas where how it really affects the other person never even enters into the speaker's mind.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Just found out that my father passed away. My aunt made sure to inform me of the level of decomposition when he was found, and my mom used it as an opportunity to guilt-trip me. Well-played, guys.
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    jesus.. my condolences
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Nameless, I agree.... One acquaintance walked up to me and said I should put some meat on my bones. Funny but weird that he felt free to give advice on my body.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Just found out that my father passed away. My aunt made sure to inform me of the level of decomposition when he was found, and my mom used it as an opportunity to guilt-trip me. Well-played, guys.
    holy crap. As bloodorchid said, my condolances.

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Just found out that my father passed away. My aunt made sure to inform me of the level of decomposition when he was found, and my mom used it as an opportunity to guilt-trip me. .
    Oh, sorry to hear that. My mom was like your aunt in describing things. I don't get it or maybe we don't want to.
    Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Internet and phones were down until 3PM at work, and the main software package I use requires an always-on connection to the company server, so I got exactly 1 thing done the whole morning, and exactly nothing done after lunch. Lame. I prefer, you know, being able to actually DO my job at work.