I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Krista View Post
    *Punch*
    gotd: you hit like a girl

I'M SO SLEEPY WHY CAN'T I SLEEP
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    gotd: you hit like a girl

I'M SO SLEEPY WHY CAN'T I SLEEP
    Hahahahaha! Not just any girl...a Primal one.

Sorry, can't help you on the sleep issue. Unless you need someone to hit you hard enough to..."sleep."
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    a shovel will suffice *thumb up*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Gripe of the day from yesterday, two actually:

I had an awards reception for a scholarship that I received, and afterwards my younger brother asked, "Where are we going to eat to celebrate?" I didn't get mad at him, obviously, he's just a kid...but it reminded me of that tradition my family has always had. Whenever anything remotely exciting happens, we go out to eat afterwards. Sports games, awards, coming home from college, good grades, relatives visiting. And I've got 4 brothers, so there was always lots of going out to eat. Being reminded of that tradition got under my skin: 1) going out to eat so much might have played some role in getting to 300 lbs before my 20th birthday, 2) my brothers are still being raised with the "food as a reward" (as opposed to fuel) mentality, 3) I legitimately miss spending time with my family since I started eating differently. Even when I was CW healthy, I couldn't eat with my family. They eat so terribly that I can't go to any restaurants, fast food joints, whatever with them. I don't get to sit down and talk or enjoy their company. And that made me really upset last night...I'm not going to abandon my healthy lifestyle, but I feel like their unhealthy lifestyle is pushing me away.

Other gripe: my mom was making dinner last night (again, I have to make my own) and it was some sort of Wheat Helper (new hamburger helper, I guess?) concoction. All she had to do was open this box, pour out the contents into the pan, add chicken breast and water, and stir. And my brother comes up, hugs her, smells the food, and says, "Mom, you're such a good cook." I ALMOST laughed out loud. I was next to her making a kind of paste out of sardines, avocado, olive oil, and garlic, to be poured over a bed of spinach and broccoli...and I get eyes rolled at me.

My other brother even told me once, after seeing me down a huge plate of broccoli, that it was possible to have "too much of a good thing." I looked at the Hot Pocket in his hand and ignored him.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoS View Post
    Gripe of the day from yesterday, two actually:

I had an awards reception for a scholarship that I received, and afterwards my younger brother asked, "Where are we going to eat to celebrate?" I didn't get mad at him, obviously, he's just a kid...but it reminded me of that tradition my family has always had. Whenever anything remotely exciting happens, we go out to eat afterwards. Sports games, awards, coming home from college, good grades, relatives visiting. And I've got 4 brothers, so there was always lots of going out to eat. Being reminded of that tradition got under my skin: 1) going out to eat so much might have played some role in getting to 300 lbs before my 20th birthday, 2) my brothers are still being raised with the "food as a reward" (as opposed to fuel) mentality, 3) I legitimately miss spending time with my family since I started eating differently. Even when I was CW healthy, I couldn't eat with my family. They eat so terribly that I can't go to any restaurants, fast food joints, whatever with them. I don't get to sit down and talk or enjoy their company. And that made me really upset last night...I'm not going to abandon my healthy lifestyle, but I feel like their unhealthy lifestyle is pushing me away.

Other gripe: my mom was making dinner last night (again, I have to make my own) and it was some sort of Wheat Helper (new hamburger helper, I guess?) concoction. All she had to do was open this box, pour out the contents into the pan, add chicken breast and water, and stir. And my brother comes up, hugs her, smells the food, and says, "Mom, you're such a good cook." I ALMOST laughed out loud. I was next to her making a kind of paste out of sardines, avocado, olive oil, and garlic, to be poured over a bed of spinach and broccoli...and I get eyes rolled at me.

My other brother even told me once, after seeing me down a huge plate of broccoli, that it was possible to have "too much of a good thing." I looked at the Hot Pocket in his hand and ignored him.
    that is rather funny
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Sunglare - east/west roads sunrise/sunset

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    The Red Tide has at last made its return after 3.5 years of pregnancy/nursing. Wish me luck. Send a surfboard.

... oh and I dislocated my shoulder, but it pretty much immediately got better so I can't complain about that.
    Last edited by Jenny; 08-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The Red Tide has at last made its return after 3.5 years of pregnancy/nursing. Wish me luck. Send a surfboard.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    GotD: My go-to lunch place was out of the flank steak today. Had to get my salad with grilled chicken instead.