Page 17 of 696 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 17

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If you own a dog, train it and pay attention to it! I've been hearing this damn dog every night for 3-4 hours barking it's fool head off. It's not an alarm bark, it's a cry for attention. The idiot pomeranians next door bark when they're let out during the day, at any sound, which sets off every dog in the neighborhood.
    +1
    I could send you my German Pointer, he'd make a snack out of them.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I need to get that border collie/ husky mix we've been talking about and let it "herd" them.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Paleobird Guest
    I'm not saying that somewhere in this world this is not a Pomeranian that is a genius but...............all the ones I've ever met have had fuzz for brains. My uncle had five of them at one time. These creatures were too dim to even get their heads around the concept of house training. My uncle was this multi-millionare computer guy but, if you went to his house, you had to be careful not to step on the land mines. And they didn't need a reason to start yapping, they would just do it because their little nuero-circuitry was so inbred and twitchy. Ugh!

I don't understand people that have animals and don't interact with them. I drive by a house several times a weeks that has a beautiful pitbull chained to a tree with a 10 foot chain. He is out there in all kinds of weather. I've yet to see anyone out there with him in the five years that I've lived there. It's so sad to think he'll live his whole life tied to a chain.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Paleobird--I think it's a small dog mentality. Little heads, pea-sized brains. They just can't help it, no matter how cute they are.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Paleobird--I think it's a small dog mentality. Little heads, pea-sized brains. They just can't help it, no matter how cute they are.
    Oh. I know it's not the dogs' fault. We have bred them to be like that but now we are responsible for taking care of the little fluff-brains.
    And +1 on dogs left without any human companionship. That is just mean.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    My gripe for today is that I have to pay $23 shipping on $35 ExFit gymnastic rings.

But I guess a one-time payment of $60 is fair if I'm not going to pay for a gym membership from April to October.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Drivers who don't know how to use acceleration and deceleration lanes properly.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I need to get that border collie/ husky mix we've been talking about and let it "herd" them.
    We have a border collie/blue heeler mix and are thinking about getting another same type when we move into more space. I love them, whip-smart and great personalities. And better than a personal trainer. Sad thing is that they end up in shelters a lot because people don't realize how much work they are. Most days she gets walked 2-5 miles. In the summer she gets to swim in the streams as well (we go in with her) but even that isn't really enough.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Drivers who don't know how to use acceleration and deceleration lanes properly.
    This.