Page 162 of 696 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 162

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Before my surgery I had irregular periods and severe menstrual cramps. After my surgery I have irregular periods and severe menstrual cramps. SO glad I paid 2 thousand dollars for an obviously worth it surgery... ggggrrrrrr

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Personally I love saving money on carpet cleaning...

My favorite solicitors are the religious types. If you want to see someone look totally confused tell a Jehovah's Witness that not only would you like their literature but do they have time to come in and talk. Actually, could you have their home number so you can call them with any questions? Look very excited, perhaps even manic and they will run and never return. It has worked for me in three different cities. For Mormons I like to ask who they are "Elder" than. "So, Elder Jones, you are what 18? Who exactly are you Elder than?"

GotD: I guess I don't have any. I'm almost 900 pages into A Dance with Dragons. Life is good.
    Thanks for the laugh!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    gotd-People who don't take No for an answer, even when repeated.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Guod is offline Senior Member
    GOTD; People who DRIVE in the left, high speed, passing lane. For Jimminies sake! Pass, then move to the left. Let people by.
    And the meek shall inherit the earth.
    What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Personally, i don't like answering the door to strangers because i have anxiety problems due to several traumatic experiences with strangers.
    We have a balcony over the front porch, a double gallery, basically. I can lean over the balcony and ask people what they want. If they don't leave then it's the boiling oil for them. Once we get the fence up we're going to get another dog. We have one now that won't let people into the yard, let alone the house. Solicitors will be a non-issue. We don't really have them around here much, due to the neighborhood. This past weekend we had some drunk ringing the doorbell and when we leaned over to ask what he wanted he said he wanted to borrow a dolly. WTF? No. Fortunately he pissed off, because the next answer was going to be the racking of a slide.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    GotD: People who want me to be a yes man.

I am not here to agree with everything you fracking say. Sure, you are my boss and all, but someone has to bring up the other side of things when you are acting like an idiot. Union grievences will get filled, complaints will get entered, and perhaps it is best to consider these things before you start making jacked up policies. If you want someone to be happy no matter what the hell you do and say get a damned dog.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

kenn is offline Senior Member
    GotD: People who want me to be a yes man.

I am not here to agree with everything you fracking say. Sure, you are my boss and all, but someone has to bring up the other side of things when you are acting like an idiot. Union grievences will get filled, complaints will get entered, and perhaps it is best to consider these things before you start making jacked up policies. If you want someone to be happy no matter what the hell you do and say get a damned dog.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Thank you. Nothing brightens my day like someone shooting bananas out of their nose.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

freqz is offline Member
    GOTD: Next person I see texting on the interstate is going to get the PIT maneuver-- I just need a push bar for the truck.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Thank you. Nothing brightens my day like someone shooting bananas out of their nose.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds