Page 159 of 696 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 159

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My last post wasn't really a gripe. My REAL GotD is all week long our UPS driver has been early. Today is my last day at work before I go on vacation and he's not here yet. I'm expecting bigger shipments than the others, too. My boss told me I could leave a little early, but since I'm not likely to get my work done because the delivery isn't here yet, I won't be able to leave early and may not get everything I wanted to do, done. Not allowed to work overtime.
    Last edited by Lynna; 07-14-2011 at 09:17 AM.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    If I hear one more person telling me to make sure and get enough sleep... Imma go apeshit.

Seriously. I HAVE A SLEEPING DISORDER. I get PLENTY of sleep. PLENTY. 9-12 hours a DAY kind of plenty. My disorder makes me sleep TOO MUCH. I don't need you telling me to get enough sleep because I look tired. Oh, and BTW, just because you read some sleep tips in Oprah magazine, doesn't mean you are helpful. I know all about dark rooms and white noise, and blah blah blah. I've been dealing with this for YEARS.

I know I look tired. I am well aware of that fact. I look tired because I AM tired. But it's not due to LACK of sleep.

RAR!!!!!!

ok.. gripe over.. back to regularly scheduled bitchyness...

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I've been run over by a steamroller and then kicked in the stomach for good measure. I hate my body.

That is all.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    I feel like I've been run over by a steamroller and then kicked in the stomach for good measure. I hate my body.

That is all.
    Same here, plus for some ungodly reason I want to cry.
    Georgette

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Me, too! Though I know exactly why; the pain combined with the terrible knowledge that I have another sixty years of this shit, and that's if I'm "lucky."

Nion is offline Senior Member
    PMS sucks, it's turning me into a sugar hunting machine!
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Me too! I was at work and the oldies station (yes, I'm old) played the sappiest song on the planet. And I started crying. Out in the middle of the street, standing next to my big lifted Silverado work truck. Yeah, it must be PMS time.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    people it is the full moon, i had my full moon day Tuesday and if i could have jumped off a bridge...... I hate the full moon, especially since i forget that is what is going on every fraking time
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    ^^I second the full moon comment. My work has just been one batshit-insane patient after the next. Keeps things interesting, though.

GotD: Today I went to an appointment for allergy testing- I cut my sleep short to get to this appt, which was scheduled arbitrarily during a week of my nightshifts, btw. Was treated like a moron, smirked at for telling them I followed a primal diet, told to get 50% of my calories from starchy carbs and grains, was made to feel like I was wasting their time, AND felt discriminated against for being American of all things... and all this from a 55yr old+ woman with blue, orange, and purple hair. Sorry lady, but there's NO way in hell I'm going to take you seriously. Should've skipped the appointment and got the extra hour of sleep.

[ETA] The dietician also told me that because I don't eat grains, legumes, or dairy, I would very likely be way under the daily calcium requirement of 700mg and need a supplement. I told her I thought my vegetable- and fruit-rich diet gives me enough, but I would take some sample days of my eating and tally up the calcium I'm getting, to report back on the next visit. Today's food: 736mg of calcium. BOOYAH!
    Last edited by HeatherJ; 07-14-2011 at 08:12 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Oprah magazine
    i had a counselor once give me an oprah magazine print out. she was charging 92$ per visit. i quit going.