Page 156 of 696 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 156

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's humid here - something Denver rarely sees (daily thunderstorms). I actually put on the AC for the first time this year as the humidity was 75% in the house. The plants in my garden on the other hand have almost doubled in the past 3 days so I gotta shut up and be happy that that's the worst thing I can come up with!

Oh - and purple hands - went to a tye dye party and forgot to put on the gloves!

swalker is offline Member
    I am annoyed that my boss randomly leaves during the day and leaves me alone. Not that I mind being left alone.. its the announcing it when I come in that annoys me.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    waaaahhhh! I came home to find a jury questionnaire for Federal District Court in my mailbox, last time they called me I ended up on a jury....(I hate driving into the city)...AND.... 4inches of water in my backyard with more heavy rain on the way.
    I got asked to do jury duty in my home country (New Zealand) while in Australia once. I called up and told them why i wouldn't be attending, lol...
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Lynna - waaaahhhh - I just called my jury summons and have to report for jury duty Monday. I better find a good book! Any suggestions?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I have to work Saturday. Again.

It kind of cancels out the whole "3 day weekend for the holiday" thing when you have to work the Saturday before and after.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    I got asked to do jury duty in my home country (New Zealand) while in Australia once. I called up and told them why i wouldn't be attending, lol...
    Unfortunately I don't have that excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I agree with Lynna - waaaahhhh - I just called my jury summons and have to report for jury duty Monday. I better find a good book! Any suggestions?
    What genre do you like to read?

The bad thing about Federal court is that once you've filled out the questionnaire and they qualify you, it's for a 3 month period and you can be required to serve multiple times up to five days. My last time, the trial was 2 days and luckily they didn't call me again. At least with State Superior court, you show up one day and if you're not picked for a jury you're done for 2 or 3 years.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    The painters never showed yesterday so instead of moving tools and cleaning we'll be sanding and painting. Then moving tools and cleaning. Ah well, we didn't want to pay them anyhow.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    My neighbors really don't seem to understand the concept of basic courtesy, also known as "shutting the fuck up." Yes, it's Saturday night. That doesn't mean you should sit outside, scream at the tops of your lungs (I only wish I were being hyperbolic) and blast music for three goddamn hours.

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    My neighbors really don't seem to understand the concept of basic courtesy, also known as "shutting the fuck up." Yes, it's Saturday night. That doesn't mean you should sit outside, scream at the tops of your lungs (I only wish I were being hyperbolic) and blast music for three goddamn hours.
    My heart goes out to you, bro.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudenveri View Post
    True, and tomorrow being Sunday doesn't mean you have to be outside at 6am revving up your chainsaw, using a leaf blower, or generally making a shit ton of noise but it could just happen....then again, I am an asshole.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony