Page 153 of 696 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 153

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i ripped my favorite pants while on a bike ride. a little strappy thing on the side of my leg got caught in the pedal. i guess that's the universe's way of telling me that i need to buy more pants! that pair was a little loose anyway.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I took the sun exposure a leetle too far today. I look like Dr. Zoidberg's idea of a hot date.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    "Participation ribbon" primals, who use the 80/20 guideline to eat pretty much anything and then complain the WOE does not work. I'm reading threads about rice, quinoa, beer (but only microbrews?), organic humus, raw milk.
    I see a disconnect here. It's the folks who are living on cream cheese omelettes, bacon meatloaf, and nuts & yogurt that tend to fail with primal. Those of us who've expanded the diet to include starches do so because we've already lost weight and/or notice improvement with higher carbs
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    This is my regular "why the frak won't the relies listen" post. Relative with bad IBS and a host of other health complaints was on antibiotics. IBS got way worse. Had yet another colonoscopy and gastroscopy, nothing found, standard advice plus suggestion for probiotics (well a small step forward there). I suggested she try giving up wheat for a couple of months because it worked for me... but no, her tests were clear... (so were mine!!!!) .... why of for fraks sake why won't she even TRY it. What's there to lose? Just GIVE IT A GO IT MIGHT WORK. Oh fine then put up with your erratic bowels occasionally laying you out on the bathroom floor and ruining your whole day. Just. Fine.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I see a disconnect here. It's the folks who are living on cream cheese omelettes, bacon meatloaf, and nuts & yogurt that tend to fail with primal. Those of us who've expanded the diet to include starches do so because we've already lost weight and/or notice improvement with higher carbs
    agreed. Ironically though, many of the 'cheat' and 'primal can kiss my ass' day foods are often some of the worst - the more I read about wheat the more I'm convinced it was put here by the spawn of satan. You're talking real damage, not just a few extra calories or a tiny bit of toxin that's easily mopped up.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    I'm really sick of my mom being overenthusiastic about my diet and exaggerating the weight loss. I know it makes me sound like a brat. I know I should appreciate my mother, and I do, but I really hate it when she goes up to my dad and says, "If you would eat like her, you would lose weight!" as she stuffs her face with doritos. Or when she's constantly coming up to me going, "You're getting so skinny! You need to stop! You're getting too skinny! I can't believe how tiny you are!!" I've only been on this diet a month and a half and I've only gone from a size 17 to a 15. It just annoys the crap out of me so freaking much because I know that she's over-exaggerating and it just reminds me that I'm not skinny. I've told her to quit even mentioning my diet, and it's gotten slightly better, but not a day passes that I don't hear, "I love the way you eat!!" -slurps down a coke-

EDIT: I also have to clarify: I'm not saying going to a size 17 to a 15 isn't great for only a month and a half, but it's not like I'm skinny nor is it like I've gone from a 17 to a size 6. That's why it bothers me that she acts amazed at my "skinnyness." If I was actually skinny, it wouldn't bother me so much.
    Last edited by Aly; 07-06-2011 at 10:36 AM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    "I love the way you eat!!" -slurps down a coke-

And mom, I love your house! Please have another coke so it is mine more quickly.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    agreed. Ironically though, many of the 'cheat' and 'primal can kiss my ass' day foods are often some of the worst - the more I read about wheat the more I'm convinced it was put here by the spawn of satan. You're talking real damage, not just a few extra calories or a tiny bit of toxin that's easily mopped up.
    Yes yes yes! I cut grains (wheat in particular) hoping to fix my severe acid reflux. 4 days later I was already healing. A few months after that I realized that wheat was also the source of my 30+ year battle with asthma and am now free of it. Wheat == EVIL. Tasty, tasty evil, mind you... but EVIL nonetheless!
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    if by spawn of satan you mean humans.... We made wheat it has always been a genetically modified food.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if by spawn of satan you mean humans.... We made wheat it has always been a genetically modified food.
    While the question of whether satan is human is an interesting theological discussion, confusing selective breeding with genetic modification is highly detrimental to arguments against actual genetic modification. Selective breeding is the process of nudging evolution towards a human-friendly goal by means of controlling either breeding or survival of offspring or both. It's just like natural selection, except instead of nature and chance sorting out who gets to breed more, we decide, and we ensure that the breeding actually happens. This is how all of our currently farmed subspecies have been developed, from tomatoes to rice to wheat to sheep to dogs to chickens to carrots.

Genetic modification is the process of taking genes - segments of DNA - from the nuclei of the cells of one species and inserting them into the nuclei of cells of another. It's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PROCESS and it has absolutely NOTHING in common with evolution or natural selection (unless you're a bacterium and you're all promiscuous with your DNA). More complex organisms don't do that, don't want to do that, and shouldn't do that.