Page 152 of 696 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 152

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Planned indulgences are great and, for those who feel they can "afford it" in terms of not needing to be really strict, cool. But I get Pantera's point about people doing a half-assed job of sticking to Primal and then complaining that Primal "isn't working".

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Planned indulgences are great and, for those who feel they can "afford it" in terms of not needing to be really strict, cool. But I get Pantera's point about people doing a half-assed job of sticking to Primal and then complaining that Primal "isn't working".
    Agreed. I just thought it necessary to point out that an indulgence every once in a while does not make one the primal pariah.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Loco Moco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    "Participation ribbon" primals, who use the 80/20 guideline to eat pretty much anything and then complain the WOE does not work. I'm reading threads about rice, quinoa, beer (but only microbrews?), organic humus, raw milk.
    i agree to a point. i think most of those things are fine if you don't have gut issues or other problems eating them. but if someone's gaining weight, feeling tired all the time, having acne breakouts, *insert other ailment here*, and then tries to blame some other part of their diet? that's not cool. i don't think the enjoyment of those foods (in moderation) is the issue, i think the issue is people who aren't willing to adapt when they need to. THAT pisses me off.

but that's just my 2cents.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i ate rice the other day and i haven't lost 50 lbs yet?! primal doesn't work!

i'm going raw vegan. yes, that includes my rice.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    +1
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Agreed. I just thought it necessary to point out that an indulgence every once in a while does not make one the primal pariah.
    Especially when some of this primal perfectionism is most likely hypocrisy. I find this in religion and politics too.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Power went off mysteriously last night at 9p and didn't come on again until 5a.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Fucking hell, I'm tired. I tried to go to bed early last night but we've been staying at the house which is spitting distance from the main fireworks display, which we opted out of, and the whole house shook with every explosion. That plus I spent the last three days digging drainage and leveling the grade of the driveway, hauling chunks of concrete and shoveling gravel.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    More like a gripe of yesterday: I made a delicious supper, roasted chicken that fell off the bone, with so many delicious spices.../drool...where was I? Oh yeah, salad with blue cheese and rice(hush)
    Ended up swallowing my spit wrong(who does that?! Me, thats who arghh.) after supper, coughed so hard and so long that I threw up. What a waste of a good meal
    I fail at eating.
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Metismomma View Post
    More like a gripe of yesterday: I made a delicious supper, roasted chicken that fell off the bone, with so many delicious spices.../drool...where was I? Oh yeah, salad with blue cheese and rice(hush)
    Ended up swallowing my spit wrong(who does that?! Me, thats who arghh.) after supper, coughed so hard and so long that I threw up. What a waste of a good meal
    I fail at eating.
    Evolution screwed up putting the esophagus next to the wind pipe! I choke easily, especially when stressed which apparently is quite common.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM