Page 151 of 696 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 151

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    A girl who lives on soda and ice cream asking why she always feels tired.

Paleobird Guest
    Girlfriends of mine sipping their mocha lattes and eating cookies while I drink my black coffee looking at me doing *le sigh*, "She must just have one of those metabolisms. Lucky thing." I'm not lucky. I *worked* at it. Grow a damn spinal column and you could do it to. Or you could continue to sit on your rear and chug down the sugar and kvetch about your metabolisms. (Same people I told about PB months ago who turned down the wrong colored life ring. In the case of one of these two, the life ring metaphor is not far off. She is massively overweight and very unhealthy.)

Celation is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys - feel better...

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    gotd: That so many people I know, we all know, aka Paleobird's post, who expect to get the benefits without the work. Even on this site, people can come up with more excuses than the grains of sand on Malibu Beach for why they can't do this or that part of the diet/program, which in time comes across as basically they don't really want to give up their goodies. And they seem to make little if any progress. An obstacle is not an excuse for not making strides toward weight loss or strength gains, but something to figure out how to manage.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    people who try to steal your shine or keep drama going for no reason but to amuse themselves.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i made two cheesecakes in a water bath, and despite wrapping the pans in foil, water still seeped into one of the pans. both cheesecakes came out fine, but as i was draining the water out of that cheesecake pan, nearly 1/3 of the cheesecake fell into the sink! garr!!!

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    "Participation ribbon" primals, who use the 80/20 guideline to eat pretty much anything and then complain the WOE does not work. I'm reading threads about rice, quinoa, beer (but only microbrews?), organic humus, raw milk.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    "Participation ribbon" primals, who use the 80/20 guideline to eat pretty much anything and then complain the WOE does not work. I'm reading threads about rice, quinoa, beer (but only microbrews?), organic humus, raw milk.
    Good way of putting it. I agree.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Pretty sure raw milk IS "Primal" as defined by Mark, provided you have the genes for adult lactose tolerance. But I agree on the rest of it.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    beer (but only microbrews?)
    Eh, I drink beer about once a month and frankly at that time primal can kiss my ass. I (and most beer drinkers here) know it is not primal and is a planned indulgence. As such we don't waste it on piss water and instead opt for quality (usually microbrewed) beer