Page 150 of 696 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 150

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    gotd: Migraines
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Dear my neighbors,

I swear to God, if you don't shut that yappy little mongrel up, I'm going to butcher it and eat its heart and liver for breakfast. Also, repeatedly honking your horn at 7:15 in the morning is NOT an acceptable way to communicate with family members inside the house. And while I'm sure that you find it absolutely adorable when your kids run around outside screaming at the tops of their lungs, it makes me want to "forget" that Jonathan Swift was a satirist. Seriously, assholes, properties are small enough around here that I can lean out my window, throw a rock and hit your house, and I throw like a girl. Learn some basic fucking consideration for other people.

No love, much hate,
    Me

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    gotd: Migraines
    Amen!

GOTD: Employers that want you to give your all, 6 days a week, in a physically demanding job, even when you have Excessive Heat Warnings during monsoon season.

In return, they promise to lay you off within the year from the entry level job you've had for years that was supposed to be a proving ground to let you show how worthy of a promotion you were. In reality, it has been a proving ground for the corporate values of nepotism, cronyism, sexism and the promoting of complete morons to get them out of your department and make them someone else's problem (with a pay raise for the moron).

I really need to write the Great American Novel.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    In return, they promise to lay you off within the year from the entry level job you've had for years that was supposed to be a proving ground to let you show how worthy of a promotion you were. In reality, it has been a proving ground for the corporate values of nepotism, cronyism, sexism and the promoting of complete morons to get them out of your department and make them someone else's problem (with a pay raise for the moron).

I really need to write the Great American Novel.

Sounds like you have the plot already.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctj View Post
    gotd: That there are ~1500 posts in 'gripe of the day' but only 73 in 'rave of the day'
    bfd

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    GotD:
    Every radiology department I've ever been in seems to have this text in their required code of conduct:
    Find whichever position (for machine or patient) makes the patient screech, make unpleasant noises, make pained faces, or is the most uncomfortable one known to man. Now apply just enough pressure to make it worse, but not enough to make the run screaming from the hospital. Continue to prod, poke, or apply pressure in this position for the entire test. Give the patient false hope by give temporary reprieves before going back to what was most unpleasant. When the test is done, make sure you apply even more pressure or pain to the offending organ in the name of clean up or helping them. If this is not possible, call in the phlebotomist. This is done to ensure that even the most "painless" procedure is dreaded and encourages fewer repeat customers.
    Going in today for my thyroid ultrasound was no different. The woman was very competent and very kind, but she found the one part of my neck I let NOTHING, not even a shirt, touch and jabbed the wand right there for the majority of it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tony Atomic is offline Member
    NK,

Unfortunetly, thats what we're usually looking at. People don't like it being touched because it hurts, however, we have to look at it. Sucks big time, and we hate making people uncomfortable. I get it all day long as I do a lot of heart studies, and you have to pull your arms up over your head as I take a 20 minute picture. Know what the problem is? Most people with heart problems aren't the most limber folk and haven't put both arms abover their head in years, let alone leave them up there for 20 minutes. I hate making people hurt, but its what we gotta do. Best of off, after that picture, I then make then lay on their stomach and take another 10 minute picture with their arms up. People are pretty beat up by the end of it....

However, my gripe: SHOW UP TO YOUR EFFING APPOINTMENT TIME. I have dose that I charge around $1200 (thats just the dose, the whole kit and caboodle for this show is around 6k which is all wasted if you don't get the dose) for and I have a twenty minute window to give it. When you show up 30 minutes late, don't then hang out and be cutesy making out with your boyfriend in the waiting room making a scene. Don't then get huffy with me that I'm rushing to save that dose because I have 5 minutes to start an IV live and get you injected because you were effing off.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I know, that's why I'm not really ticked at the poor woman that had to jab me with it and watch me try not to squirm. I don't blame the poor techs, they're just doing their jobs. I'm just griping because I really am not a fan of discomfort and pain, especially if it involves a part of my anatomy that can trigger a panic attack if touched wrong.

As to the appt thing, the way I figure is, if I'm here, I have a damn good reason to be here and better stuff to do. I get there on time, even early, as an effort to make things easier on all parties and hopefully make it out of there quicker.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 07-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tony Atomic is offline Member
    Totally understand, and I'm sorry you have that going on. Thyroids can be a bitch to deal with. Good luck, I hope its getting better!

Celation is offline Junior Member
    Why - time and time again - when you offer someone with a genuine problem the option of helping it with the Paleo/Primal diet, do they treat you as if you're insane?

It's like throwing someone a life ring and them complaining it's the wrong colour and they're happy drowning thanks very much.

Parents, friends, strangers. It's starting to drive me mad... Is there a thread for this somewhere?

C.