Page 149 of 696 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 149

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    *bows*
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've decided the rooster is a good payback to my neighbors who love to blow off fire works late into the night for weeks around the 4th of July (they've been at it for over a week now). We don't get much rain in CO in the summer and amateur fireworks cause lots of fires. I can probably keep him for a while atleast as we are an unincorporated part of the county. I just don't like to be one of the "rude" types of neighbors. I would love to keep him and breed our own chickens for food...

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    I would really like to spend my money on upgrades instead of repairs.

pdovers is offline Senior Member
    I am with you. I recently tried a vegan diet for 6 weeks as a diet/nutrition experiment. It had nothing to with saving any animals. In that six week period I could not get enough protein without eating a ton of beans (CARBS!). I had no energy for my workouts and my skin became dry and my scalp developed red dry itchy bumps. GROSS!!! (Maybe that was my punishment for doing vegan for the wrong reason.) If vegan is the new hope we are doomed! I have been doing PB for 2 weeks and I feel completely rejuvenated and the red scalp bumps are gone.

Gripe: There too many blasted know-it-alls about diet and exercise. I was told last night at a gathering of friends how my paleo ways will kill me, and that vegan is the new hope for humankind. The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.

What's yours?[/QUOTE]

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Gripe: There too many blasted know-it-alls about diet and exercise. I was told last night at a gathering of friends how my paleo ways will kill me, and that vegan is the new hope for humankind. The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.
    "If you didn't feel great as a v*gan, it's because you were doing it wrong." I heard that a lot in my stint as a vegetarian. Luckily, I never made it more than a month or so (?) as a v*gan, as that was the point when I'd start fainting or experiencing numbness in my legs and arms. If that's the "new hope", I'd rather wallow with the heathens.

My gripe: I'm too impatient to CAREFULLY read instructions when using a new product. In my haste to make all-natural Jello (plain gelatin w/pureed fruit), I read the package wrong and used 1 envelope instead of 4. It did not set (duh), so I ended up with 4 cups of reddish purple slime that sloshed out of the pan when I removed it from the fridge. Looked like a scene from Aliens.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    GotD: People who spray nasty body sprays at their desk not thinking how it'll affects their co-workers. Nuff said.
    Georgette

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Goddamn freaking self-evaluations - I'm a peon for cripes sake. I do mostly the same thing everyday, scan books into the library database. My job doesn't change, except for the titles of the books that come across my desk. I can't make any "improvements to my performance," I already work at the top of my ability. I don't have any objectives for the coming year other than to continue to do what I'm doing. Jeez, why can't they have my supervisor tell me I'm doing a good/bad job give me a pat on the head and leave me to do my work. I'm not getting a raise anyway. I'm at the top of my step and there won't be any COL raises for a long time.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

ctj
    ctj is offline Junior Member
    GOTD: that there are ~1500 posts in 'Gripe of the Day' but only 73 in 'Rave of the Day'

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Woodchucks! Leave my lettuce alone you beaver-wannabes.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)